A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A4/S4 B6

A4/S4 B6 2001-2005

Old 19th May 2020, 09:52 AM

Question S4 Cab: Treating (steel) arches?

I’m going to remove the weird fibre arch liners, and clean and treat the arches themselves.....hoping to find only surface rust

What do you recommend? Waxoyl, hammerite, stonechip...?any others? The rolled lip of the arches are a bit scabby, so I will rub down a bit and kill the rust.

Thanks,
Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust
Old 21st May 2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I’m going to remove the weird fibre arch liners, and clean and treat the arches themselves.....hoping to find only surface rust

What do you recommend? Waxoyl, hammerite, stonechip...?any others? The rolled lip of the arches are a bit scabby, so I will rub down a bit and kill the rust.

Thanks,
Zip
A lot of the MX-5 lot love a bit of dinitrol and let's be honest they should know a thing or two about the subject.

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.