A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 5th July 2020, 08:29 PM

Default S8 d3 alloy refurb

Hi chaps I'm going to get the alloys refurbed on my car ,they are diamond cut and I'm based in co Tyrone n Ireland and was wondering if any of you ni /ie guys have had yours done and if so were and was the quality and durability good ,and a steer on what cost i should be paying
Old 6th July 2020, 11:50 AM

I've only ever had my wheels powder coated locally, so can't give any indication on price for diamond cutting, although I've paid around £250 for powder coating a set of 20" rims.

One location I know of in Tyrone is 'Mje Wheel Repair', based in Cookstown. I have never used them, but have heard good things about them, with one of the local detailers here in Derry/Londonderry sending them wheels for cars he details.

Their website is here: https://mjewheelrepair.co.uk/

and if you use Facebook, they can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/mjewheelrepair

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 6th July 2020, 05:36 PM

Try Lepsons
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 6th July 2020, 10:36 PM

Thanks ive been given details by chance of a guy in ballygawley( which is only 10 mins from me ) and Ill messages him ist due to location, to see what he says , the chap i bought the car off uses him all the time and says he's very good ,failing that I'll contact those 2 to see what they offer
Old 6th July 2020, 11:33 PM

You must have non OEM wheels on your S8?

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 7th July 2020, 10:05 PM

She came with a set of genuine audi 20" d4 alloys , cw virtually brand new perelli p zeros ,I'll run them for a while ,i made contact with the member that owned here before me and he says he still has the original wheels,(just waiting on him to come back to me )
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.
Daily driver
Audi A8 d4 2014 phantom black 3.0 tdi

Previously owned
Audi 80 1986 1.8 white
Audi 80 1990 2.0 red
Audi A4 1996 1.9 tdi green
Audi A6 1.9 tdi 2000 blue
Audi tt 225 2000 silver
Audi s8 d2 2002 fe grey
Audi a8 4.0 tdi d3 2006 black
Audi a8 3.0 tdi d3 2010 black