A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 21st May 2020, 11:23 PM

Just heard a very loud plane going over, it was another A380 heading for China!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:56 AM

Oddly there was an almost-normal level of flights over me on Wednesday lunchtime - 2 in the air and 6 vapour trails. Yesterday, down to 1 of each, so a slightly odd blip.

Also one very unusual flight path which was heading just South of West, then turned almost 90 degrees and headed due South. Never seen that before.

Oh and an Apache helicopter too, which is quite common round here. Unarmed so not very exciting, but flying quite low.
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:45 AM

I've noticed a fair few vapour trails in recent days, I think it's atmospheric conditions high up, almost all planes with trails are near or above 40,000ft.

As for helicopters our regular/irregular low-flying Chinook went over late yesterday evening, not showing up on any trackers of course....

The weirdest one I spotted the other day on Flightradar24 was a tangled track just off Brittany that went on for nearly 2 hours!
Turned out to be a Douglas A4 Skyhawk flying out of a small French airport called Lorient-Lann-Bihoué Airport but owned by a big American military corporation that I can't recall the name of. I think it's also a French military airfield too. So heavens only knows what it was up to!
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 23rd May 2020, 05:33 PM

And todays novelty was an RAF Airbus A400M, just went over very low and very loud heading West. Must have come out of Northolt and be keeping below the Heathrow Asian exit flight paths that usually go over us at around 10,000ft and climbing.
It's staying at around 2,000 ft heading towards Oxford.
Old 23rd May 2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
And todays novelty was an RAF Airbus A400M, just went over very low and very loud heading West. Must have come out of Northolt and be keeping below the Heathrow Asian exit flight paths that usually go over us at around 10,000ft and climbing.
It's staying at around 2,000 ft heading towards Oxford.
Judging by the track, it's come all the way from Cyprus

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 23rd May 2020, 05:42 PM

Yup, just checked that, RAF Akrotiri, probably going to Brize Norton.
Odd route though.....
Old 28th May 2020, 03:22 PM

The 747s going over high are very obvious, even at 40,000ft you can see the 4 separate contrails from the engines.
More intriguing are the 3-engine freighters, I didn't even know they were still around. Seen a fair few MD-11s (DC-10 upgraded basically) going over. Looking them up it seems only about 200 were ever built and around half are still flying! And even a few DC-10s apparently.
Old 29th May 2020, 10:17 AM

I've just detected what I think is an aerial survey plane of some description, operating at 13,000 ft and performing some very straight north-south flying skills.

PH-SVY - Piper PA-31T Cheyenne 2
Slagboom & Peeters Aerial Photography
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-29 10-19-31.png
Views:	330
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	23413  
Old 29th May 2020, 10:23 AM

Rather quickly followed by an RAF flight from Brize Norton

UK Royal Air Force Transport 2274
RRR2274 / ZZ331

http://bergkamp.uk.to:8080 (if anyone's interested, runs 24x7)
Old 29th May 2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_quattro View Post
I've just detected what I think is an aerial survey plane of some description, operating at 13,000 ft and performing some very straight north-south flying skills.

PH-SVY - Piper PA-31T Cheyenne 2
Slagboom & Peeters Aerial Photography
Came from Germany - Munster/Osnabruck.

Aircraft type (BE20) Beech B200 Super King Air Registration D-IWAW according to FR24. https://www.flightradar24.com/DIWAW/24962951

Ah no! That's another one...…,

Last edited by HPsauce; 29th May 2020 at 10:38 AM.