A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Everything else

D2 - Everything else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 8th March 2015, 10:06 AM

welcome! hope you get it all fixed.
I'm also in south east London looking for a smart repair person to sort out one little ding and some scraped paint on a wheel arch.
After one ridiculous quote of £1000 from a repair shop used by Audi (I didn't go through Audi just contacted this place directly) I have been looking for smart repairers on this site http://www.smartmapuk.co.uk/

If I go to one of them and they are good, I'll let you know. If you find a good one please let me know.

Last edited by Goran; 8th March 2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 8th March 2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
welcome! hope you get it all fixed.
I'm also in south east London looking for a smart repair person to sort out one little ding and some scraped paint on a wheel arch.
After one ridiculous quote of £1000 from a repair shop used by Audi (I didn't go through Audi just contacted this place directly) I have been looking for smart repairers on this site http://www.smartmapuk.co.uk/

If I go to one of them and they are good, I'll let you know. If you find a good one please let me know.
Cheers Goran

i've used Jake previously at F1 dents - http://www.f1dents.co.uk/about_us.html - great guy and super skilled, but don't believe he would travel as far as South London.

I'll give him a shout and see if tackles aluminium panels (unsure if its makes a difference or not).

The alternative for me is to visit a bodyshop that has skills repairing aluminum cars - eg http://www.fastlanepab.co.uk/repair-...repair-centres - I doubt however that this would be the cheapest option, however i'm looking to get few scuffs looked at and maybe get it mopped and/or detailed.
Old 10th March 2015, 11:00 AM

Thanks, I will check them out. My small dent unfortunately has paint damage too so it may have to be filled, or at least smart-repaired after straightening.
Old 10th March 2015, 11:39 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Nice motor! I like the colour

I'd be interested to see the sunroof-less roof lining; never seen one without a sunroof before!
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 10th March 2015, 12:03 PM

Bodywork reapair is just a crippler on a car of this value unless you have desires to make it concors, the prices are always eye watering and usually require (if your nails catch on the scratch) a total respray of the panel and or replacement. Gets sooo expensive so quickly.
Old 10th March 2015, 01:31 PM

Nice colour combo. Here's to years of enjoyable S8 ownership.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? You don't have to answer.
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Nice motor! I like the colour

I'd be interested to see the sunroof-less roof lining; never seen one without a sunroof before!
Forgot about this thread - dodgy pic
Old 3rd April 2015, 11:10 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks for the photo.

It looks neat. I think I actually prefer the clean look of that roof lining to the usual sunroof'd roof lining.

I think I'd miss my sunroof though.

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust