A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 22nd May 2010, 12:43 PM

Cool aircon pre-emptive strike

Soooooo weathers nice, and obviously the climate is getting its use however having had a drive about yesterday (a good hour or so) i could hear a very faint gurgle when cornering so when i got it home i had a little wait with it ticking over and then checked for aircon drippage.....i could only see 1 side doing its thing Spent a bit of time this morning freeing the o/s drain of its crud (and checking all the rest of them whilst i was there) and now all is well . There was no water gathering and spilling out or indicators like damp carpets just a very faint water noise (running from one side to other i suppose) the other drain was thankfully baring the brunt of it but i'd advise anyone who goes on a wee jaunt to just have a nosey underneath (safely though people, don't lay in the middle of the road or leave the engine running or anything else life threatening!! ) when they return and make sure that they are getting 2 puddles for the price of one! Better to find out now before the ac gets full usage and fills itself with several litres that will be a nightmare to drain off, or floods the electrics. And i'd rather be crawling about tinkering when the sun is shining