A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 11th July 2010, 11:26 PM

Default What's the spec of an OEM battery?

IE cranking power and amps? They seem to compare based on CCA and amps... Need to probably buy a replacement tomorrow and there is a vast price difference between OEM, Varta and then the other makes. If there's not much in it I will get a cheapy.

Basically, the battery on my A8 is, I think, on it's way out. Prior to me buying it last March the car had been sat up for 3-4 months and the battery wasn't in the best of health, however it hasn't caused problems since.

On Friday I popped to shops en route to Wilts and sat outside with the blowers etc on for a bit too long- car wouldn't start! However luckily I was about 100m from Bristol Audi who very kindly sent a tech over with a battery pack.

Car made it to Wiltshire with no problems, however when I re-started for the second time the battery flattened itself again- clock and nav plus reset but it just started. Obviously with the blowers on and other gadgets it doesn't get much of a chance to re-charge however I think the battery's had a good innings now!

ETA- Having just checked the previous owner's records he fitted a Halfords battery in Sept 2006- 4 years sounds alright?!

Last edited by carrotchomper; 11th July 2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12th July 2010, 05:10 PM

For future reference, it's an 88amp 017 battery you need. Decided against the Audi OEN battery as it was £144 and ended up with an equivalent Numax battery with a 3yr warranty.

Car is so much more lively starting! Old battery was obviously well under par.
Old 12th July 2010, 07:49 PM

I went for the posh Bosch one with a 5 year warranty, its £115 from Halfords but I can get it for £90 for anyone in Leamington as can get trade. Or cheaper Halfords ones dirt cheap too.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 13th July 2010, 03:45 PM

The posh one seems to be £130 from Halfords online now, the only other alternative from them is over £100 as far as I can see. The Numax seemed to be a fairly standard price- Purchased from a local motor factor for £83 inc VAT.
Old 11th October 2010, 01:14 PM

I also have a requirement for a new battery as i have had to charge mine twice in a week which doesn't bode well especially as winter is coming.

If anyone has the part number for the original Audi battery it would be appreciated as I might be able to get one at a discount if only I knew what part number to order!

For reference the one fitted to the car is marked as follows;

Hoppecke
441 915 105
12v 450A 92Ah

Would that be the original battery I wonder as it looks like it could be German?

Failing that I did see the silver coloured Bosch battery in Halfords that I assume has been referred in this thread?

Would this, or another 3rd party battery be a better choice than the OEM fit and if so why?

End of questions!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 11th October 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11th October 2010, 04:27 PM

I think it's an 019, 100ah. Same battery used in Jag XJ's, DB9's and Derv Merc Sprinter van is where i got mine from.

The OEM was probably a Varta if you look in the recess where the terminals are the vw and audi rings should be stamped in there.
Old 18th October 2010, 04:47 PM

The Audi part number for the battery looks to be 000915105DK if that might be of help to anybody?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-