A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Wheels and Tyres

D2 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 27th March 2012, 12:08 PM

Very bonny indeed
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake242 View Post
Hi Guys, just wanted to post some pictures with my new rims on... they fit!!!

Thanks for all the advice

/Jake
They look cracking Jake. Did you have to get spigot rings? My understanding is the spigot on the D4 is 66.x mm

A8OC Founder

The A8 Owners Club here
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8_Tony View Post
They look cracking Jake. Did you have to get spigot rings? My understanding is the spigot on the D4 is 66.x mm
Hi Tony

Yeah but I was in luck there(as I didnīt know) but my 17'' winter rims has the same spigot-hole(is that a word?) so the rings from those fit right on the 20'' s

Just got the wheelbolt-lockables(just making up words here) from Audi with a 50% discount!!

When I did the repair/maintenance at Audi, I got 50% off on everthing(parts/labor) and apperantly they keep giving me this discount even tho I didnīt ask for it

SO I'm a happy camper regarding the whole 20'' adventure.

Just cleaned 2 of them, used autosol on the polished parts and did a complete rim-"sealeant" to keep them fresh(similar to nano-coating I guess)

It took over 3 hours, so due to bad weather and time I have to do the last 2 another day.

Cheers

/Jake

Last edited by Jake242; 3rd April 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:39 PM

Just a little pic that I took when putting the wheels on for the first time... notice the "awsome" winterrims

Audi A8 4.2 quattro D2 94' - THE CARRIAGE
Audi A4 1.6 B5 95' - THE LADY IN RED
Opel Kadett 1,2 C 77' - THE CASKET
Old 20th August 2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake242 View Post

Just a little pic that I took when putting the wheels on for the first time... notice the "awsome" winterrims
I've liked these particular alloys for a while and of the shortlist of 20" rims available should I choose to go down this route over the 22" option then these made it as the favourites on my list also. I've got a SWB Black D3 facelift and here is how they look on mine and I think that is the way to go.

However your wheels look some how different to those in this picture, I'm loving the look of your wheels but prefer this and wondering what the difference is as I can't quite work it out, is in the profile, or what?

Obviously if I could have these in 22"s I would be over the moon and a dead cert, as they're Audi replica wheels, and to have them in a OEM look but on an oversized rim appearance would be great.

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 31st August 2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHefner View Post
I've liked these particular alloys for a while and of the shortlist of 20" rims available should I choose to go down this route over the 22" option then these made it as the favourites on my list also. I've got a SWB Black D3 facelift and here is how they look on mine and I think that is the way to go.

However your wheels look some how different to those in this picture, I'm loving the look of your wheels but prefer this and wondering what the difference is as I can't quite work it out, is in the profile, or what?

Obviously if I could have these in 22"s I would be over the moon and a dead cert, as they're Audi replica wheels, and to have them in a OEM look but on an oversized rim appearance would be great.

Regards, Mark.
Hi Mark, the picture you are posting is a photoshop... not actually on the car. That explains why it looks wrong, those rims in 20" does not look that big on a D3. Smaller profile suggest that its replicas as these comes in 255/30-20 instead of 265/40-20(which mine are) you can see these driving around on golf Vīs and the like... tasteless in my view

Also I have fitted Alloygators now which makes them look 20.5"

Cheers

Old 31st August 2014, 01:10 AM

One more answer... you might mean the shine of it? mine are polished on the spokes and they do shine... but the ones you have posted is from a professional taken picture... they can do stuff with lighting that makes the same thing look different.

There is an option which has polished spokes and antracit paint inside, which makes the polished parts stand more out.

I saw some replicas on a brand new A6 the other day... sad he didn't opted for originals... they do look nicer )they were 19''s... sad