A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 23rd August 2014, 11:40 PM

OK, disconnect (+) terminal on the battery for about 15min and see after that reset if main beam still comes on with the engine.
Also, we've had a little discussion some time ago about mmi light settings but I don't think we solved the meaning of main beam option so gopress SETUP button on mmi, then SYSTEMS an EXTERIOR LIGHTING and see if MAIN BEAM is on or off.

I will send you a correct coding for your headlights tomorrow so you could check that when you go to see Scott next time, unless he did a AUTO SCAN for you and gave you your log.
If yes, attache it and I will check your headlights coding, if not ask him to do a full AUTO SCAN first and save it, it's good to have before you do anything, and if you do it regularly it will five you a complete history of previous error.

I assume there was no light sensor error?

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 24th August 2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
OK, disconnect (+) terminal on the battery for about 15min and see after that reset if main beam still comes on with the engine.
Also, we've had a little discussion some time ago about mmi light settings but I don't think we solved the meaning of main beam option so gopress SETUP button on mmi, then SYSTEMS an EXTERIOR LIGHTING and see if MAIN BEAM is on or off.

I will send you a correct coding for your headlights tomorrow so you could check that when you go to see Scott next time, unless he did a AUTO SCAN for you and gave you your log.
If yes, attache it and I will check your headlights coding, if not ask him to do a full AUTO SCAN first and save it, it's good to have before you do anything, and if you do it regularly it will five you a complete history of previous error.

I assume there was no light sensor error?
I'm pretty certain that the main beam option is set to On! But not with the car for the moment so I can't say 100% for sure but I think it's on!

Scott did send me a copy of my log and the link for it is at the end of this post. There were a few issues that showed up in the scan but nothing major that would stop the car from being used, except obviously this damned light issue at night!

The dashboard does show an error message firstly saying that that the bulb is now gone, and also the adaptive headlight warning however this was present even when the bulb was working.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/es5ds4ia3...098mi.txt?dl=0

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 24th August 2014, 10:00 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your coding is wrong in my opinion.
Instead of 0133121 it should be 0123121
3rd digit is for headlights:
0= Halogen Headlights
1= Bi-Xenon Headlights (only through index E)
2= Bi-Xenon Headlights w/o LED DRL
3= Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED DRL and Advanced Front-Lighting System
4= Bi-Xenon Headlights with separate P21W-Halogen DRL and Advance Front-Lighting System.

At the minute you are coded for LED DRLs and AFS - 3
Looking at your headlights from the picture you have Bi-Xenons w/o LED DRL and no cornering lights - 2

That possibly is the reason why you get error in Xenon Range Module as well [54]

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 24th August 2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but your coding is wrong in my opinion.
Instead of 0133121 it should be 0123121
3rd digit is for headlights:
0= Halogen Headlights
1= Bi-Xenon Headlights (only through index E)
2= Bi-Xenon Headlights w/o LED DRL
3= Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED DRL and Advanced Front-Lighting System
4= Bi-Xenon Headlights with separate P21W-Halogen DRL and Advance Front-Lighting System.

At the minute you are coded for LED DRLs and AFS - 3
Looking at your headlights from the picture you have Bi-Xenons w/o LED DRL and no cornering lights - 2

That possibly is the reason why you get error in Xenon Range Module as well [54]
Highly possible, although all of the lights (barr the D2s pending ballast) now work, the operation of when they come on doesn't match up with the light stalk in the car. I don't think that we are a million miles off being right but at the moment I do have lights so can use it at night to continue with work for the moment, so that is a start.

I've no doubt once the ballast turns up and I contact Scott for availability again then we will get this sorted and a big two fingers up to Audi Main Dealers who's only option was to sell me 30% discounted replacement headlamps at £1,800

I've no doubt Scott when he comes along will see the number that you have posted and know exactly what they mean and take them on board for my next visit. I'll screen capture it also so I have a record.

Regards, Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com
Old 24th August 2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
...and get your self one of these.
I can't burn you a copy because I ran out of license keys as it comes with 5 keys only and I did one copy for Neil, Jim and installed it also on my office PC, laptop and my ''workshop'' laptop, sorry.

I know this seller and I've had no issues with his items and he has nicely written guide as well plus compatible with 32 and 64 bit systems and Win 7 & 8 as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Elsaw...item3a94dd9caa
Purchased! Thanks for the link, the sooner I can get all of these bits that these cars need, the sooner I can learn more and give back by helping others!

Regards, Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods:

Old 26th August 2014, 07:09 AM

That scan is pre-coding.
I changed the coding of the headlights to 1 or 2 as per his current headlights.
I can't remember which one but it was what ever one worked best.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 26th August 2014, 08:14 AM

That's alright then

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 27th August 2014, 09:29 PM

Well I'm still waiting for the replacement ballast to come through, I would have though after buying it on Saturday that it would have been here by now

Anyway on another thread that I'm subscribed to, I left my VIN number and in return I got back everything that came with my car... including headlamps! so I'll post it up so that someone who knows what they are can in return post up a photo or image of the actual headlamps that my car should have. From that I can go and see if I can find a set of the correct headlamps for the car or if they're too pricey for the moment, then stick to the original idea of reprogramming my existing headlamps.

Regards, Mark.

Future Plans:

Planned Mods:

Old 27th August 2014, 10:26 PM

He clearly took out the most expensive and desirable lights on D3 and downgraded you to just Bi-Xenon with halogen DRL, no cornering lights and no LED DRL. Thats why your original coding was wrong for the current headlights, but correct for the one which were installed.

Good thing is that if you decide to upgrade your headlights to original ones, then it will be just a straight swap as you are wired already.

Not sure is having car wired for stuff you don't have anymore can cause problems, but I wouldn't though so.
I'm sure others will give more info about wiring situation atm.

PS. I have posted your disk just today via 1st class as I was very busy yesterday, sorry Mark.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10