A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > TT 8N

TT 8N 1998-2006

Old 4th April 2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
How small inside are they? I'm 6'4" and had hoped to one day have one, as a bit of fun...
Garage that I bought it from, the owner was over 6 ft and 17 stone and he got in and out OK (and he was recovering from a broken foot too).
Rear seats are a joke for any one over 4 ft though but good for storage..

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 4th April 2015, 07:59 PM

I've sat in the back of one, funnily enough. Was a no go. Even worse than when I tried to sit in the rear of a Ford Puma!!!

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 4th April 2015, 10:34 PM

Default Nice car

Nice car Andy. Glad you are happy.....funnily enough this is what i was looking at for the summer....maybe next year now....
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 4th April 2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjS8 View Post
Nice car Andy. Glad you are happy.....funnily enough this is what i was looking at for the summer....maybe next year now....
Cheers Ranj. How you getting on with the D3?

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 5th April 2015, 06:21 PM

Nothing major today - gave the car its first wash under my ownership and plenty of scratches and minor imperfections to deal with over time but scrubbed up OK.
Went over with a clay bar then followed with a polish (some cheap stuff I have in the garage as I have run out of the good stuff) and looking better.
Think next time I will go over it with the DA and get rid of the swirls in the paint.
Oh - and took all the plastic out of the engine bay and gave it a good scrub - looks miles better

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 5th April 2015, 07:55 PM

Nice work fella

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 6th April 2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmed View Post
Nice work fella
Thanks John

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 6th April 2015, 10:57 AM

Default looking good

Looking good andy.

I m loving the D3 andy....took it down to london yesterday....it was a dream to drive.....i changed the blower motor....things have improved....but still needs investigating......i have new boot lock coming n have arranged for a new kessi to be fitted thursday.....so in a week or so should be good as new.....seriously thank u....really loving the d3
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 6th April 2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjS8 View Post
Looking good andy.

I m loving the D3 andy....took it down to london yesterday....it was a dream to drive.....i changed the blower motor....things have improved....but still needs investigating......i have new boot lock coming n have arranged for a new kessi to be fitted thursday.....so in a week or so should be good as new.....seriously thank u....really loving the d3
Thanks and great news on the D3 front - Enjoy

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten

Old 23rd April 2015, 08:27 PM

Next mod carried out - 15 mm spacers up front and 20 mm spacers on the rear.

Lowering will be next

Cheers

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Gone but not forgotten