A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 24th March 2014, 06:40 AM

Default An Englishman went into this Audi Store.....

Reading the other day that Audi Australia had changed its mind about not offering the D4 S8 to the Australian market I walked into the Audi dealers in Perth (Australia). Clad in traditional scruffy shorts. T-shirt and flip flops – as was my son-in-law – nobody paid us any attention as we gave the A8 on display a good scrutinising. Eventually a suited young salesman came across and asked if he could help. (Like, the door is over there). I asked when they were getting an S8 in. He started telling me about how the “S” stood for sporty and was highly desirable etc etc. “yes, i’ve got one” I said. And then lied by saying that I was thinking of changing it. Well, the salesman then acted like he could see his xmas bonus within his grasp and win salesman of the year award! If he could have licked my flip-flops clean (not a pleasant thought), he would have. He wanted all my details etc and gave me the big glossy brochure (no nice aluminium sleeve) and wouldn’t let me alone. He was all "yes Sir, no Sir". I had to stall him saying that I was finalising details about coming to work in Oz. So if I stay here till late April I might get a test drive..... Will be visiting again soon!