A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 24th January 2015, 01:04 AM

If you are thinking about the Kivic one it cames with both male and female leads so you're covered there.

Indeed that unit you linked to is the same kind of device and may work perfectly well.

As for getting video displayed on you mmi screen Xcarlink sell a product that will connect directly to the screen but you will also need a audio interface, i would go the route of fitting a tv tuner myself but each to there own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kele View Post
Interesting. So this can be done with any device that has RCA output leads (red, yellow, white?). Does the car have female RCA inputs then or do I need an adapter?

Is there a good reference guide for installation? Also to understand existing requirements of the car. For example I understand some head-up displays have no video input if the car was not fitted with a TV Tuner or advanced parking camera.

It sounds like I need to remove the Nav DVD player in the boot and have a look at what connections lurk behind? In my case I have no TV tuner but advanced parking should mean that at least I don't need to upgrade my screen...

I see there are other choices for the unit available too. For example here from just £34 delivered (ex import charges) I guess you get what you pay for in terms of the quality and features compared to the Kivic model.... I will explore further

Old 2nd March 2015, 04:14 PM

Default So for those thinking about it

I mentioned in the video that the iPhone's native display in portrait was somewhat annoying as the mmi screens landscape.

Well true to fashion the jailbreak community has come good and if you go ahead and jailbreak the iPhone and install an app called sbrotator 8 then you can get a rather nice landscape view that can be locked to prevent it going back to portrait while in the car.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	10257  

Last edited by Delboy; 2nd March 2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 4th March 2015, 07:13 PM

I got one of these too. Used with with the GF's iphone and worked fine (though how do you tell the iPhone to mirror the display?) as an Airplay output device.

Tried it with my One Plus One in Miracast (one of the Android interfaces, native on the One Plus One) and it mirrored the display fine, but it was chopping the audio in and out (like it was buffering) and therefore unusable. Maybe the 1920x1080 screen res is too high for mirroring?
Old 4th March 2015, 09:53 PM

Default Kivic one wiring for sound and a/v

Hi folks,

Car you explain or show diagram of how the audio and a/v wiring works for an a8 with standard factory fit TV please?

I also have a dension 500bt unit which has R a sockets in glovebox (used for iPod music) can I use this for av input and or audio input with the kimi cone so it can all sit in glovebox?

Thanks

Richard
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 5th March 2015, 09:04 AM

Do you have Av1 and av2 sources available when you press the cd/tv button on the mmi?

If you do then all you need to do is buy a small harness that you connect into the top of the tv tuner in the left side of the boot

Old 19th July 2015, 08:56 PM

Well, I ditched the Kivic One as it did not work well with iOS 8 and now doesn't work at all with iOS 9 beta and Kivic seem to have abandoned firmware at 1.21.
Luckily I put it on ebay and it sold for rather rather more than I hoped.

I now have one of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O0U37HO
No video though, it just does lossless Audio from the iPhone's Airplay, and is superb sound quality.
Wife's Android isn't very good though without looking into it further as it only supports DLNA and not miracast.
These Wifi streamers are ~£17 on aliexpress under a different name such as Airstream and Soundmate.
God bless the chinese