A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 16th April 2014, 04:45 PM

In this case go for it mate

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 12th May 2014, 07:25 AM

Took a bit of time but I finally got round to doing it.

Trim removed.

Alloy backing, plastic bits and chrome bits removed.

Trim all ready for him to paint.

I changed my mind on Piano Black. Was suggested something a little bit different but apparently not to far away from piano black.
Should be ready this weekend. We will see what happens.

I never thought the trims would be some form of wood topper, then a alloy/steel backing bolted on to a alloy frame.
They seemed so strong with all that framework on.

Also found out that if the middle vents are unplugged you can't go in to the AC setup menu. It does nothing.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 27th May 2014, 11:20 AM

Picked my dash trims up monday on the way back home.
Spent monday evening fitting everything back together ready for a pre-work refit of the trims.

0700 this morning I was up fitting the trims in.

No more wood.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 27th May 2014, 01:37 PM

Looks an excellent job. I've always loathed acres of wood in a car (unless it's a Bentley). I seem to have a matt finish wood veneer in mine - not sure what the official colour is but it's actually not too hideous. But, if I'd had the "granddad" gloss wood I'd have changed mine already. Still planning to change it to cf though when time permits.
Old 28th May 2014, 10:22 PM

Default Top Job!

Scott

Looks real good, well done!

what was the paint? and how was it done? did they have to be keyed down first?

any other pics? as the sunshine in those pics doesn't do the panels justice I don't think.

Old 29th May 2014, 06:57 AM

No idea on what paint they used or how they did it.
I dropped the parts off and asked them to paint them.

The sun was really low. the joys of 0700 I guess.

I'll try and get some better pics when I'm free.
Old 30th May 2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Looks an excellent job. I've always loathed acres of wood in a car (unless it's a Bentley). I seem to have a matt finish wood veneer in mine - not sure what the official colour is but it's actually not too hideous. But, if I'd had the "granddad" gloss wood I'd have changed mine already. Still planning to change it to cf though when time permits.
Oi! Less of the gratuitous "ageism". I though you were a lawyer and, therefore, should know better. And yes, my '8 does have wooden trim
Old 30th May 2014, 09:36 PM

lol David - I think we all have wood trims don't we, other than S8 carbon fibre models?
No ageism was intended. Merely a reflection of a view I held in my 20's and which has stuck, despite my now being of an age where I ought to enjoy being surrounded by lots of burr walnut and wood (and I don't mean in a coffin), but refusing to accept it. To be honest, the wood has grown on me anyway, as in the 8 it's not too overdone.
Have I extricated myself or dug deeper?
Old 30th May 2014, 10:07 PM

Nice job Scott, I'd love to see it in real as pictures don't really reflect the quality I assume..
I'm thinking how this will behave with dust, fingerprints and how quickly it will start showing tiny scratches.
It's a really nice finish to the black interior

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten