A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 30th April 2015, 07:09 AM

No the cars all back together, I'm going to the dentist in a bit but what do you need to see specifically because the grills pop out easily.

Ps message for you

Old 30th April 2015, 07:42 AM

Replied

I was just going to compare them against A8 fogs, forgot to do it last night on etka, but I'm 99% sure they are same on A8 and S8 from same year.

I'm.going to pick up JPT connectors today from Audi so will ask for grills to be priced as well.
It's all so tight time wise I'm worried about them winns, etka message posted last night

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 30th April 2015, 07:54 AM

Foglight grilles are £61.81 (inc VAT) Marcin, the round fog option that is, top of my "to buy" list they are

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 30th April 2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Foglight grilles are £61.81 (inc VAT) Marcin, the round fog option that is, top of my "to buy" list they are
Cheers Ron
Is that each or for a pair?? Inc trade discount??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 30th April 2015, 08:36 AM

That's each mate, but I still thought it was reasonable compared to the price of some parts. I don't get any trade discount, that's the "over the counter to Joe Public" price so there could be savings to be had

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 30th April 2015, 01:30 PM

So...just came back from Audi and spoke to Richie again and such a nice guy, it's unreal from all the experience with Audi guys.

He matched the discount with TPS and can do all -16%

Grills £51 each
Bumper £538

Fog lights, well, they are different as well, but they are of 4F Audi A6 and actually cheaper 25% that standard A8 fog lights, they are about £168 for a pair, but surely I can get them cheaper second hand in good condition as A6s are more popular ??

Body shop was very generous, for spraying bumper and wings on top of the bonnet they want £200 so all in not that bad I think

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 30th April 2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
So...just came back from Audi and spoke to Richie again and such a nice guy, it's unreal from all the experience with Audi guys.

He matched the discount with TPS and can do all -16%

Grills £51 each
Bumper £538

Fog lights, well, they are different as well, but they are of 4F Audi A6 and actually cheaper 25% that standard A8 fog lights, they are about £168 for a pair, but surely I can get them cheaper second hand in good condition as A6s are more popular ??
Get me two while you're there mate

I got two replacement foglights (the round variety) for around £30 each from Europarts, Audi main dealer quoted me £90 each

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 30th April 2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Get me two while you're there mate

I got two replacement foglights (the round variety) for around £30 each from Europarts, Audi main dealer quoted me £90 each
No problemo mate, I'm giving myself till tomorrow to make my mind up about the whole job, but either way I will get them grills for you and send them with UPS, no problemo
£30 each, thats good, are they well build?? would you buy them again??
What light bulb do they take, do you remember??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Old 30th April 2015, 02:24 PM

I must say, personally, I prefer the smooth and clean lines of the standard front D3 bumper. Look forward to seeing the end-product though Marcin.
Old 30th April 2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
No problemo mate, I'm giving myself till tomorrow to make my mind up about the whole job, but either way I will get them grills for you and send them with UPS, no problemo
£30 each, thats good, are they well build?? would you buy them again??
What light bulb do they take, do you remember??
They're no different to the originals as far as I could see, decent quality plastic and, most importantly, with a good seal on them so no condensation in the unit once fitted. The reason I changed mine is when I changed the bulbs the plastic clips were brittle and broke, which lost any tension, hence the condensation appeared immediately. The bulbs are the ones you sent me a link to last year, I can send it back to you if needed but they were your recommendation. A very good one too, the white light from them is much better than the yellowish fogs.

So, to answer your question, yes, I'd buy the foglight units and the bulbs again if I needed to

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra