A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 3rd April 2014, 06:44 AM

Harsh!!

They are happy to do one car but not another with the same issue because one spent money with them where the other has not?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 9th October 2014, 04:04 PM

Popped in to Audi for some bits and asked about the paint.
They denied my claim cause its near the end of the panel and where other panels meet.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 9th October 2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD3 View Post
Popped in to Audi for some bits and asked about the paint.
They denied my claim cause its near the end of the panel and where other panels meet.
I don't understand that point at all, surely its more down to identifying if the panel being caught on its edge caused the issue of it is just rust generated under the paint. seems like a bit of a cop out to me

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 9th October 2014, 04:25 PM

I don't but its like head butting a brick wall with this dealer at times.
So I'll let it go.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD3 View Post
I don't but its like head butting a brick wall with this dealer at times.
So I'll let it go.
Exactly !!!
When I was told that my bubbles where nothing else than a paint defect (covered for only 3 years of course), I asked ''Since when paint corrodes??''
Clear corrosion, but they just don't give a .... And that was Bexley Audi, worst of the dealers you can imagine, too long story.

Ahhh, the best one was, I think I mentioned it already, ''Thats because car was badly repainted after the accident'' , Say what ???????? That was before we got to the car which never was involve in any accident.
Bexley Audi, you are the most incompetent and miserable dealer I have to unfortunately deal with from time to time.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 23rd October 2014, 06:12 PM

Mate, just had the same **** with my A8. It's a 2008 beautiful specimen with only ever having been serviced with Audi. No previous accidents at all but good old Birmingham Audi, looked at it, rubbed it with his finger and said its not covered.

I persisted and he took out a micron meter, showed me that the paint thickness was "too thick so must've been in an accident and resprayed"... I grabbed that meter off him and proceeded to test the exact same point on the side of the car. Identical match with the micron count. He was speechless, and just said - sorry not covered.

What absolute morons. No idea what to do now!? Did you ever get any where after the Audi escalation was rejected M-A8?
Old 24th October 2014, 04:42 PM

Hello mate

Surprise surprise, they are mother*****, seriously.
When I went to see the guy who sprays warranty Mercs in my area who was recommended to me many times he laughed straight away and called them all sort of names.
Even he says that this cannot be the paint, paint does not bubble, the alu behind it does which makes the paint look like that.

I have received a official letter and info if I want to contact and pay for a independent guy to give his opinion, but because that was very close to annual meet trip, I just sucked it in, and went with that guy.
It wasn't worth hassle for me at that time especially if I had the funds to spray the car.
I just gave up and I don't very often do that.

And that's why I will continue not to spend my money with Bexley Audi but with my amazing Independent VAG guys who can and will do anything you want, from CP to mods, you name it plus all the stuff which Audi does, and actually a bit more than Audi it self.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 24th October 2014, 08:11 PM

Don't get me started on how audi treat their customers in Birmingham... In fact I was treated so badly I went straight to Audi UK, wo took 6 weeks investigating, and then acknowledging what happened before finally saying they can't do **** because it's a franchise dealer. Fantastic.

Quote:
Dear Mr <removed>

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your dissatisfaction with the service you received from Audi Approved
Birmingham.

I am sorry that you remain unhappy and have felt the need to raise this complaint again. I can confirm that I have discussed the
conclusion from your last correspondence with my colleague Vinshall.

Audi UK are not responsible for disciplining our franchised centres following complaints of poor service from customers. If you
would like to take this complaint further, I would suggest that you contact the centre directly and ask for their internal
escalation process.

I would like to confirm that your comments have been fedback to be dealt with internally, however I do not feel that any form of
compensation is appropriate from Audi UK on this occasion.

Thank you once again for allowing me the opportunity to investigate your complaint, your case with Audi UK will now be closed.

Kind regards
Old 17th December 2014, 10:46 AM

I had some bubbling on the small steel panel above the boot opening button. I took it to Teesside audi and the first comment was its not bodywork but trim regarding this particular item. Despite this they accepted it as a warranty repair without any hassle and ended up replacing the lock as well due to some damage incurred during disassembly. the job took them a day an a half so I was given an A5 to play with overnight. It might help that I have a FASH and have had it serviced with them under my ownership. Hats off to Teesside Audi for customer service.

jem