A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 27th January 2018, 10:04 PM

Default REMAP Stage 1

Hi all

Next saturday 3rd February I decided to get my machine remapped.
One of the guys from car group going to be In Coventry so I am heading there.
He is charging £145 so is much cheaper than other rip-off garages.
The remap include scan and backup of the current ECU settings(in case something goes wrong) take around 2h he said so if anybody is interested you free to join me.

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol
Old 27th January 2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackovicj View Post
Hi all

Next saturday 3rd February I decided to get my machine remapped.
One of the guys from car group going to be In Coventry so I am heading there.
He is charging £145 so is much cheaper than other rip-off garages.
The remap include scan and backup of the current ECU settings(in case something goes wrong) take around 2h he said so if anybody is interested you free to join me.

After the remap should look like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 22.22.04.png
Views:	313
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	17828  

Old 28th January 2018, 06:24 AM

N/A tuning is notoriously hard, especially without other supporting mods, so I would be sceptical about a 28bhp increase in power on that alone with no decat, flowing of heads, camshaft, etc...

I'm sure it'll optimised some parameters, and I don't mean to sound negative, but just bracing you to not be crestfallen expecting such a big jump. Is he denoting before and after?
Old 28th January 2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
N/A tuning is notoriously hard, especially without other supporting mods, so I would be sceptical about a 28bhp increase in power on that alone with no decat, flowing of heads, camshaft, etc...

I'm sure it'll optimised some parameters, and I don't mean to sound negative, but just bracing you to not be crestfallen expecting such a big jump. Is he denoting before and after?
Thanks for commenting on this. I was also sceptical that software tuning without any other modifications would not work, however, I spoke with some other guys and also did some research on Stage1, is applicable on stock engines without any hardware modifications. I am not expecting wonders from the 28bhp and is not the reason I am getting it done. I just craving for a more response from the car. I know when I shift to the S gear response is great but I just don't like how the rpms stays up especially when slowing down to the traffic lights. The promised torque change and little remap tweaking should do the job.
Stage 2 requires decat, filters, exhaust and all other sort of parts to be replaced what I am not bothered to go for. I prefer to keep everything OEM and stock on my car. £145 is not killer to give a go. Cars performance going to be scanned before and after to see the changes tool to be used is Alientech Kess v2.

Last edited by lackovicj; 28th January 2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 28th January 2018, 02:20 PM

No worries, for the price you may experience some remapping of the fuel flow parameters to make it more responsive, but power gains will be minimal.

I used to have a B6 4.2 V8 S4 and with a Milltek non res, racing downpipes (track only, ahem, no cats), removed inlet flaps, Cold Air Induction kit, and Mihea from MRC fiddling with the ecu, the car went from 344 to 372...

Didn’t really feel any different, however, my god it sounded amazing though, like an Aussie V8 touring car, it screamed!!!

Last edited by 1781cc; 28th January 2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Bloody spellcheck failure
Old 28th January 2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
No worries, for the price you may experience some remapping of the fuel flow parameters to make it more responsive, but power gains will be minimal.

I used to have a B6 4.2 V8 S4 and with a Milltek non res, racing downpipes (track only, ahem, no cats), removed inlet flaps, Cold Air Induction kit, and Mihea from MRC fiddling with the ecu, the car went from 344 to 372...

Didn’t really feel any different, however, my god it sounded amazing though, like an Aussie V8 touring car, it screamed!!!
Thank you...I have the car for city use so no need more power. Yeah I heard about the fuel flow so let see

Old 30th January 2018, 06:51 PM

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I have a stage 2 map on my 06 4.2tdi and it goes very well. Economy power and torque are better, gear change is smoother.

My mapper who is very well known and experienced, told me the car was already mapped, but a complete mess of a job. Likely didn’t know what they were doing.

So worth baring in mind sometimes your better sticking with factory unless you know the quality of the map going on.

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 30th January 2018, 06:57 PM

The difference being that on the TDI, you turbo power... Turbo mapping is easy power
Old 30th January 2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchris View Post
Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I have a stage 2 map on my 06 4.2tdi and it goes very well. Economy power and torque are better, gear change is smoother.

My mapper who is very well known and experienced, told me the car was already mapped, but a complete mess of a job. Likely didn’t know what they were doing.

So worth baring in mind sometimes your better sticking with factory unless you know the quality of the map going on.
I am sure you said that you will upload pics of your 8 with the new rims.??

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 12th February 2018, 09:16 AM

I did indeed ! Still not on the car, waiting for spacers for the rear, as they marginally touch the calipers ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-M3 View Post
I am sure you said that you will upload pics of your 8 with the new rims.??

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI