A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 14th January 2017, 03:37 PM

Can't remember exactly, but I'm sure is was about 700rpm at idle. Mine was remapped and had dpf removed, but still would do over 30mpg at 85 (ahem kph)

I know.. I know..

Old 14th January 2017, 05:48 PM

Interesting. Mine seems to be around 625/650

I notice the voltage seems a little low on the battery I wonder if the alternators having to work harder than it should and lowering the mpg

Valcona black leather, Extended leather, Sports comfort Seats, Fr&R Heated seats, 20" wheels, BOSE, Media Interface, TVIM, DAB, CD changer, Bluetooth, Reversing Camera, Auto dim mirrors, Blinds, Soft close doors, Elec Boot, Keyless entry, Finger print read, TPMS, BI Xenon Active lights, LED indicators, LED puddlelights from door mirror when door closed.
Old 14th January 2017, 07:15 PM

What's the voltage reading ? At what revs is the reading ?
The 15 % throttle reading.....I'm not sure on this ...it's not always the case that throttle off is 0 % and full load 100 % ....seem to have in my head on common rail passats and other common rail VAG stuff throttle off can be around 10 % , I will have a look at mine in Monday vcds is at work .

Has your car got power tune and dpf delete software done ? Are dpfs still in place ?

You was on about boost dump valves , I have never seen dump valves on diesels

Think of this .....why do petrol turbo cars have dump valves ? ? ......to stop turbo stall when throttle butterfly goes closed between gear changes or over run

What do diesels not need to control fuelling ??......a closed manifold by the use of a butterfly , diesels have open manifolds ......yes they have inlet butterfly's flaps but they are not used like a petrol engine , they are there for anti shudder on switch off , partial closing off in egr operation and partial close when in regeneration to drive inlet temps up .
But as I said in a earlier post for the engine to carry on going there has to be fuel delivery from injectors or something in the program that is keeping the injection duration open when throttle pedal is off .

I will look at my throttle readings when I'm at work aswell as throttle percentage could you see the throttle track volts ....normally data blocks something like track 1 volts and track 2 volts the volts are more telling because throttle percentage is a algorithm of both track voltages added together .
I will get back when I have had a look at mine ( 4.2 tdi )
Old 14th January 2017, 09:08 PM

Think mine is around 640-650 ish.
Old 15th January 2017, 11:05 PM

My voltage was on the battery with the car off so a reading from the battery only. I'll hook up to a voltage tester when running and report.

Cheers

Jon

Valcona black leather, Extended leather, Sports comfort Seats, Fr&R Heated seats, 20" wheels, BOSE, Media Interface, TVIM, DAB, CD changer, Bluetooth, Reversing Camera, Auto dim mirrors, Blinds, Soft close doors, Elec Boot, Keyless entry, Finger print read, TPMS, BI Xenon Active lights, LED indicators, LED puddlelights from door mirror when door closed.
Old 16th January 2017, 04:43 PM

[quote=jza8;122847]With regards to accelerator percentage in vcds - my car is showing 15% with foot off the pedal is that normal or should that be closer to zero?[/QUOTE

I cannot find accelerator percentage on mine , what data block number did you see it on on yours ?
Old 22nd January 2017, 09:14 PM

It's under advanced measuring values
Old 24th January 2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jza8 View Post
It's under advanced measuring values
The advanced measuring values are not highlighted on mine ,i have to scroll throughbthe data blocks looking for things ??
Old 24th January 2017, 11:27 PM

Mine's a D4 4.2tdi - different ecu. I wouldn't know which data block it would be.
Old 27th October 2017, 04:22 PM

Hi

Just an update. My 0-100% accelerator travel is present on VCDS but still I have this boost delay and hold over problem.

No smoke or hesitation on startup/full load

The mpg is not good.

Do the air intake plenums get sooted up on these?

Any other suggestions?