A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Engine Bay

D2 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 5th February 2015, 07:36 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by green A8 View Post
I tried showing this thread to a friend who owns a D2 with a damp A8 interior.

For some reason none of the photos seem to want to load. We tried to gain access on three 'puters, no joy. Am I the only one with this problem?
Seem to be loading for me, though there's only really one relevant image ... this one (which I've re-uploaded to imgur):
http://i.imgur.com/tMkMmBt.jpg
------------------------------------------------------

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 6th February 2015, 08:40 PM

moltuae, thanks for the Mr Muscle write up.
i do not have an issue with water ingress but am looking at preventative measures.
can i ask where did you place the end of rubber hose prior to pouring in the solution?
thanks
raj
Old 7th February 2015, 12:04 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsax View Post
moltuae, thanks for the Mr Muscle write up.
i do not have an issue with water ingress but am looking at preventative measures.
can i ask where did you place the end of rubber hose prior to pouring in the solution?
thanks
raj
Just to the side of the air intake box (car's left side, ie passenger side).

Get it under a good light or shine a torch down there. In my case it was full of water, so it was obvious where to stick the end of the hose.

If you haven't got a total blockage there will be no standing water down there and no need for the hose.

The main reason I removed the water with the hose beforehand was to prevent diluting the drain cleaner too much. If there's no water down there, whatever you use should just pour straight through. I would still pour some water through afterwards though, to rinse out any drain cleaner. While I can't see the drain cleaner having any adverse effects on anything short-term, it might start to corrode something if left for a very long time.

Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 7th February 2015 at 04:42 PM.