A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 13th June 2017, 10:15 PM

Default Help needed please

Evening all, I have a couple of intermittent lights pop up on the dash, 1 I think is the abs sensor failing and the other on my cheapo obd says lambda. Does anyone live near Bingham I could pop over and use some of your time etc, beer tokens would obviously be given :-)

On a trailing or light throttle it feels like it's missing. It's a 2.8qs on a 52 with 70000.

Cheers Alex
Old 18th June 2017, 05:48 AM

Hello Alex. I've no idea where Bingham is, and a quick Google search didn't help. If you mention which county/area you're in, I'm sure someone will be able to barter with you over tokens etc. There is a list of 100+ owners on this forum in a post somewhere with rough geolocation info which may help? On the ABS front, my driver's side sensor had to be replaced. I understand from my boys at the local garage that it's a tight push fit - it might be an idea to see if you can remove it and give it a good clean - having said that though, the cable does get stressed and it may be a cable break. I know some people have attempted repairs on them in the past, by using a soldering iron/heat shrink/electrical insulating tape and also replacing the broken wire(s). Lambda sensor may account for the rough running.

Johnny G