A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Transmission

D2 - Transmission Gearboxes, diffs, drive shafts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th October 2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The connector is just in front of the left inner CV joint - thats easy to get to from underneath with the tray off.

The switch itself is an arse to get to though, as its behind the downpipe and gearbox mount. You need to lift the gearbox slightly and take the mount off to get to one of the bolts, and the downpipe obscures the other one. Probably a good hour's work to change it on a lift.

Symptoms are identical to what mine was doing. I hope I'm right thinking it was user error, and not the switch failing on mine. How much are they new at the mo?
Thats good. I'll check out the connector. The Audiforum guide is very clear about the "difficult" torx bolt behind the down pipe. Basically the guy doing it ground down a torx bit so was shorter and could be fitted behind. The price of a 2nd hand one from our sponsors is c £105. Havent found out yet what a new one is - will check tomorrow but HP reckons its not a lot more.