A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th August 2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
That's a bit like saying there should be petrol pump for every car.. The whole point about electricity is that it's everywhere. Think of it as bit like wifi: I carry around my mobile phone and use that hotspot for connectivity, but only rarely, as there are so many other (free!) places to get online. It's the same if you have an EV, and there are already plenty of charge locations of all types, so there's really no issue with charge availability.

And that telegraph article is patently bull**** - it's been roundly dismissed elsewhere, and it's just typically of the lazy journalism these days (and copy and pasting... ) that no-one bothers to check this sort of rubbish anymore. Fake News!
The point I was trying to make about needing enough charging points is that a lot of electric cars don't have brilliant range, so most people would probably want to charge up when they get home from work, a little like charging a mobile phone each night. I suspect in reality there would be options to charge during the day at work, but I can just see a future where people will be arguing over who is using the charge point and maybe even people unplugging others to charge their own (not sure how possible that is as I've never used one).

I linked the Telegraph article but had also read it on the BBC, possibly still a copy and paste of out-dated and incorrect news, who knows what to believe these days anyway!

I'm not against electric cars, I actually like the sounds of the motor as it builds up speed in the same way I like the sound of a V8 but I wonder if it's the best way forward. Maybe it is...
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)