A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 7th September 2010, 10:12 AM

Default Webasto aux heater

As with many I have a 3.0 TDI and a webasto aux. heater. is it possible to get this to warm the engine in winter when the car is stationary. I know it does once I drive but am looking to switch it on remotely. Thanks Roger
Old 6th February 2013, 07:58 PM

Definitely, this is the main purpose for this device to warm up the engine water and turn on clima while car is on the parking without starting the engine. As for remote you need to look for T70 or T90 model. Remote has to be coded with VAG but this is really easy, like 3 min job.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:14 PM

You can enable parking heater timer in A/C setup on the MMI by using VCDS on a laptop with a cable, but it will not be a parking heater without a lot of additional work. You need to fit an electric circulating pump which plugs into a socket on top of the Webasto, otherwise, it simply cuts out after a time depending on ambient and coolant temperature and registers an 'overtemp error - unit locked' and you have to erase fault code and save the value 1 to a block to reset it before it will work again, even as the supplementary heater.

I enabled mine, just set it to come on 10 mins before I go out and run time 15 minutes. It rarely locks out if the weather is cold, I just hope being on a few minutes early gives it time to get going, but I think it backs off output when it gets hot yet the engine and interior is still stone cold as there is no coolant circulating.
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-...our-a8-d3.html

Last edited by snapdragon; 6th February 2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:48 PM

Well, as far as i know Webasto comes with all complete system. You don't really need to do any updates. As for my Webasto is working flawless and does a great job heating interior really nice.