A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 26th June 2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
They are for the 4.2 BVN engine, but if thats not what your looking for google german vcds in stall it and navigate to the folder with the label files to find the ones you need
Once I opened the file I realised that i'v got the label file for 3.0tdi now, well i'v got the raw data I just need to put it into a label file, are you sure the files you posted are for the engine ecu measuring blocks? Going from what was written in the file there is a 3rd file needed, also it didn't have what I'd expect to see regarding data, it looking like mainly coding info?
Old 26th June 2015, 06:05 PM

Thats weird you are correct there should be 057-910-409-BVN3.LBL as well as the too that I posted but also like you said its still missing all the critical info and appears to only have the adaptation and coding info

Old 26th June 2015, 09:39 PM

Mine is using this...059-907-401-ASB.clb
It came with VCDS Version: 15.5.0.0 (x64)
I attached it

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 13th July 2015, 09:45 AM

cheers guys.

as for what to monitor and report on, do you have any hints which group [from 001...019 under Engine or Engine ii] I should select and I will provide/post relevant info here? Much appreciated.
Old 17th July 2015, 02:59 PM

hiya,

I was wondering if you had chance to look at my last post and if you could give us your valuable feedback? much appreciated.
Old 25th July 2015, 12:46 AM

The fact that you say when you disconnected the air mass meters it ran well without any faulting says a lot .
When you dis connect an air mass other sensor will go off line also because they need the reference from the air mass .
Egrs will go offline and i would say swirl flaps will go off as well , you need to check that the swirls do there sweep , you have egr codes but sometimes egr low flow codes are caused by swirls not working .
If you get a situation where one egr or one swirl is working out of phase you will get a un balance between the banks .
I think the lamda code is a consequence of another fault ....its reporting a rich situation

Under data blocks check each air mass kg / h to see if they are balanced , thinking about it if one air mass is off this will affect egr and swirls on that bank
You could try putting blanking plates over the egrs to stop gas flow , you will get egrs low flow codes as a consequence but that's not a worry for the diagnostic principle .
It could be swirls or egrs sticking in the warm up phase and then when it gets fully up to temp it frees up again , under actuators do tests on swirls and egrs to see if the sweep is smooth and voltage range hits high and low desired readings
Old 26th August 2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
The fact that you say when you disconnected the air mass meters it ran well without any faulting says a lot .
When you dis connect an air mass other sensor will go off line also because they need the reference from the air mass .
Egrs will go offline and i would say swirl flaps will go off as well , you need to check that the swirls do there sweep , you have egr codes but sometimes egr low flow codes are caused by swirls not working .
If you get a situation where one egr or one swirl is working out of phase you will get a un balance between the banks .
I think the lamda code is a consequence of another fault ....its reporting a rich situation

Under data blocks check each air mass kg / h to see if they are balanced , thinking about it if one air mass is off this will affect egr and swirls on that bank
You could try putting blanking plates over the egrs to stop gas flow , you will get egrs low flow codes as a consequence but that's not a worry for the diagnostic principle .
It could be swirls or egrs sticking in the warm up phase and then when it gets fully up to temp it frees up again , under actuators do tests on swirls and egrs to see if the sweep is smooth and voltage range hits high and low desired readings

hi Lee,

I did spend some time last night on it going through some of your feedback with a view to take this [practically] into perspective... I noticed during several tests under Engine and Engine II - Measuring blocks that duty cycle isn't aligned on three fields [don't know what that actually means and why did it display on 3 x blocks in VCDS but two of the values were in line while another had +/-5... somewhat off the other two].

to add... I also did quick readiness test under OBD -> MAF and those values were originally somewhat off while the car was cold. As the temperature was approaching nominal one those were slowly coming together and settled around 5.3 [something]. Again, i don't really know what that means and what's the underlying cause of those misaligned readings but it seems that something isn't quite right... and i did several output tests too on the Engine and Engine II which didn't help much with the judder i have.

any suggestions or other tests i could do? I'd be more than happy to provide you with logs if you could specify what needs to be captured [and How ]?

Many thanks.
Old 26th August 2015, 11:42 PM

Without seeing some of the readings live it's difficult , some of the duty cycles being off could be down to different readings from air mass meters , at this point I would blank off both egrs valves with plates then see if the readings come more inline .
If the air mass readings come more inline sort of proves that one of the egrs is bleeding over , if air mass readings where still off you could try swapping air mass meters from bank to bank to see if a low reading transfers .
Have you looked at the turbo wastegate controllers to see if they both do a good sweep.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:04 AM

something I wanted to do over the weekend is to clean EGR's + manifold but w/o much luck... whether i'm plain d..t or unable to do one bit I got stuck on was EGR's. I unbolted 3 x main screws as well as 4/5 x for black cap with electrical connectors but was unable to move one or take out. Now I've done it several times on my previous 2.0 TDI w/o issues but this had proven a quite a bit of a challenge .

Has anyone got any hints on How to ? Ta.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:34 AM

I did replace both EGR's and both MAFs however the issue is still there!?

I did several readings on the car over the last week but there is absolutely nothing obvious that springs to my mind. I may need to seek professional assistance on this matter as it is driving me n..s .

for my ref... apart from EGR+MAF are there any other components that could affect air to fuel mix, e.g. temp sensor? NOTE: I noticed that my 4.2 TDI takes fair bit of time (7-10min) to warm up compared for example to BMW 530d I had in the past. Is that 'normal'?