A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 27th May 2009, 05:55 PM
MyA8

Unhappy Dashboard warning lights

I am a recent owner of an A8 (2.8 Quattro Sport - 2002/3) and the following lights are displayed on the dashboard:-

ASR/ESP warning lamp
ABS light
Engine sump sensor (Intermittent - has been changed)
Also radio keeps going dead!

The system has been reset when serviced last by unplugging battery etc. but problems always return. Possibly the Dashboard cluster?

Any help appreciated.
Old 27th May 2009, 06:36 PM

Welcome mate.
The ASR/ESP/ABS light will probably all be due to one of the speed sensors (abs sensor) being dirty, give um a clean or replace and should be fine. Someone else should be able to help you with the rest
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 28th May 2009, 05:02 PM
MyA8

Thanks for taking the time to respond - I'll give that a go.........if I can find them!
Old 28th May 2009, 08:00 PM

Hi mate, go on Audipages.com, it's quite simple. Guide on there. It's just the one sensor btw that controls all that.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 29th May 2009, 12:02 PM

On the radio front, should be quite easy to resolve, its either the radio itself (internal fault) or loom problem, could also be a lose fuse.

First I would swap the fuse, second whip the radio out and see if any of the connectors are loose.

Previous owner could have had a handsfree kit he has removed, and disturbed some of the wiring (friend had an RS6 with intermittent front speaker, turned out due to the above) if no joy then whack a multimeter on the supply pins and have a drive around see if it drops out should be 12.5-14.4vdc

I would suspect the radio though, which one have you got? Also when it comes back on does it resume what it was doing or is it reset?

hope the above helps!

W
Old 29th May 2009, 08:05 PM
MyA8

Loving this site! Once again - thanks muchly. The radio is just the basic 'Audi Symphony' factory fitted one and does not slip out but there is a handsfree kit there so it may be linked to that as you suggest. I will get my man on to it!