A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 15th March 2009, 03:53 PM

Default Vanity lights and Wing mirror

My front vanity lights on both sides have just stopped working,and have noticed that the adjustment for the wing mirrors aint working either,along with the passenger mirror,linked to reverse gear selection.Is this coincedence or are they on the same circuit and so covered by the same fuse.Have taken the fuse cover off in the drivers footwell, but short of taking every fuse out to check,was wondering if any kind chaps would know which fuse to check.The mirrors still fold by the way.
Cheers Guys
Rich
Old 15th March 2009, 03:57 PM

Just checked my manual..

The folding for the mirrors is the same fuse as the mirror adjust (on the PF anyway). it is next to the interior light fuse (brown carrier, fuses 2 and 3)
Old 15th March 2009, 04:22 PM

Cheers PsYcHe,fuse nos 3,15 amp had blown,slotted new one in,all is working again
What would cause that to fail?just one of those things?old age metal fatigue?
Many thanks for the very rapid response,this forum never ceases to amaze me with its knowledgeable members
Old 15th March 2009, 06:25 PM

could be anything... A bulb blowing and taking the fuse with it, maybe the adjuster motor sticking a bit and pulling too much current.

Just keep an eye on it.. Mine was regularly blowing the fuse for the rear lighter socket. Turns out the kids had managed to get some silver paper in there which caused a short now and again.
Old 20th March 2009, 02:21 PM
harpersimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
Just checked my manual..

The folding for the mirrors is the same fuse as the mirror adjust (on the PF anyway). it is next to the interior light fuse (brown carrier, fuses 2 and 3)
I have yet to investigate why my mirror adjust stopped working. Am thinking fuse but that may blow that idea, as the mirror folding still works, just the adjust stopped.. after the drivers mirror caught fire..
Old 20th March 2009, 04:02 PM

As my original posting said,my folding still worked ,it was the adjust that didnt.Have a look and you never know.Location is third fuse in from the front of the panel,nearest drivers seat end,lowest line(brown) or nearest the floor carpet.cheers
Old 27th March 2009, 03:34 PM
harpersimon

it started working again, no fuses replaced.
weird