A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items

For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items For the personal sale of non Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 22nd June 2021, 05:00 PM

Default Free: Battery/charger combo to drive fridge or similar in car.

This will take a bit of explaining, so I'll give an outline and get more details if anyone is interested.
Mate of mine made a device designed to run a small fridge/cooler for extended periods (while parked overnight or longer) in his car. To keep medication cool, no longer needed, but not draw on the main car battery.

It's a combination of a small car battery and a 12v-12v battery charger.

Not sure of what level of logic/automation is there to keep it charged up while the car engine is running, but I can find out if anyone is interested.

Free to a good deserving home.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:09 PM

Could be interested if you could get some more info and pics please. I'd be interested if it could be rigged up to a D3 fridge.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 22nd June 2021, 08:42 PM

Where are you? Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	26650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.jpeg
Views:	294
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	26651  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Where are you? Pictures:
I'm in Coventry
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:44 PM

could be interested in Homer isn't

2 questions

Where in the country is it?

And a daft question but worth checking. Is it designed to run a 12volt fridge? or does it have an inverter? I'm assuming the former judging by its size?
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:55 PM

You know where I am Mark! South Bucks, near Amersham for those that don't.
(It's at my neighbours house over the road)

And yes it's just for 12V coolers, I think it had some sort of cool box or fridge on it.
Old school tech as you can see. No inverter.
Old 23rd June 2021, 04:12 PM

I do but wasn't sure if the friend who had was also over that neck of the woods.

In which case I'll take it unless Homer wants it please
Old 23rd June 2021, 04:23 PM

I would love to play around with this however it is a bit far for me to collect, 90 odd miles!

Mark, it's yours. If you don't take it, I'll arrange a courier and have it.