A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 31st May 2015, 11:04 PM

Mant thanks for everyone who organised the event.
It was a pleasure to see all of you!
Old 1st June 2015, 06:33 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
but in terms of 'I wasn't expecting that', the Tesla gets the prize hands down.

Yup, that thing is pretty incredible to say the least!

I think all of my organs are probably slightly further back now.

On the plus side, the instant facelift probably knocked a few years of me ... shame it only lasted for 3.1 seconds.

@The_Laird: Did you manage to get a go in the "milk floats" before you left?

Actually, if they are milk floats, does that mean Ernie is no longer the fastest milkman in the west?

It was a brilliant first annual meet for us. Lyn and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thanks to everyone for making us welcome and to the organisers who worked so hard to make it happen. Looking forward to next time already!

We've got a few photos and a video or two. Nothing great, but I'll upload those soon ...
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 1st June 2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 1st June 2015, 07:13 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post

@The_Laird: Did you manage to get a go in the "milk floats" before you left?
Yes, I had a drive in the milk float and, as Brian said, I didn't want to like it...but I did!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 1st June 2015, 08:37 AM
Director at A8 Parts

I just wanted to express our thanks to you all for a great weekend. Special thanks to Andrew for sharing his Umbrella with me on the way back to the hotel, Guy for the gift he kindly gave me, and of course Inchcape and Tesla for the opportunity to get up close with the cars they brought. Well done to Neil, Mike, Stephen and the rest of the admin crew for organising it all, and to everyone for the kind donations of raffle prizes - I was very pleased with the box of AMI cables, sadly however 2 of them went missing over the course of the night.

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 1st June 2015, 08:50 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by david@a8parts View Post
I was very pleased with the box of AMI cables, sadly however 2 of them went missing over the course of the night.
No, really? We have a tea leaf in our midst?

That's cr*p! Whoever you are, be very, very ashamed!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 1st June 2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
No, really? We have a tea leaf in our midst?

That's cr*p! Whoever you are, be very, very ashamed!
I'll check with the hotel later to see if they've been handed in: I managed to leave my Macbook power cable (I think), so will be ringing them back anyway. I'd be very, very surprised (and shocked) if somebody took them with intent, so hopefully if somebody did take them, they were picked up by mistake.
Old 1st June 2015, 11:36 AM

Big thanks from me as well to organizers, sponsors and everybody who turned up and was giving raffle prize donations. Another great meet as always, looking forward for pictures and videos to come. Downloaded full series of 'The Prisoner' which I never seen before so my schedule is filled for today.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 1st June 2015, 11:49 AM

A big thank you to Neil and Stephen for, in particular, organising the cars from Audi and Tesla. Not having driven an RS6 before it was really interesting and instructive to drive the S8, A8 and RS6 (didnt get picked for the RS7) to see how they compared.

The battery powered cars were very interesting - almost made me think that this was the way ahead. Trouble is, given the current state of infrastructure support we would have had to go to Glasgow via Edinburgh to get a charge in order to get home the 323 miles home. The "Insane" mode in the second of the two was truly that .
Old 1st June 2015, 11:50 AM

Like everyone else, a massive from me to the organisers of this meet as it was the best I have been to. A massive thanks to Inchcape and Tesla for the use of their cars which was fantastic.

Also, a bigup to you all for putting up with my none A/S8 (hope I didn't bring the event down too much) and all the new and old faces - always good to catch up.

Cheers to Ian and family for sorting out the accommodation on the Saturday night so I could have a few beers.

The acceleration of the Tesla will be with me for some time to come I think

Cheers

Andy

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 1st June 2015, 12:05 PM

A big thank you to the organizers for a fantastic weekend, and to everyone who turned up, such a great group of people made the weekend really special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Blown away by the lot of them to be honest, but in terms of 'I wasn't expecting that', the Tesla gets the prize hands down. Any tech firm that has the sense of humour of actually have a button called 'insane' gets my vote
My thoughts exactly, I was thinking how much faster can it feel than a RS6, surely not noticable?
I almost passed out its like falling off a building forwards.