A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Driving bliss

Driving bliss Best roads? Best music? Whatever makes your 8 the best place to be, share it with us

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2009, 09:26 PM
entwisi

Default Favourite roads

OK, so we all live in our own parts of this beautiful Isle.

so for those of us visiting 'your' area, what roads are worth a blast!

I'll go first

I live in Accrington, Lancashire

my route would be

accy to Whalley, follow signs for Mitton, head out to Trough of Bowland.(details to be added), then either through the Trough(follow 1) or head out via Slaidburn to Settle(2),

(1) take road through Trough up to Lancaster, as you drop out of teh countryside follow signs for Bentham, then out up to Settle(see (2) )

(2)then out over ribblehead to Hawes(watch teh road, its very deceptive!!!! ( 120mph 3ft off teh ground on my old Thundercat tells me so.... )), Brew at the Cafe or food at teh Pub both excellent last time I was out there. then head over to Sedburgh, and off into teh Lake District.

Lake district, my fav route is Windermere for a brew/food, over the ferry to Hawkshead, then as you leave follow signs for Coniston and Tarn Howes. keep following Tarn Howes(single track road) , its a 20mph road that will BLOW you away with scenery..... as you drop out, follow Ambleside, cracking road , lots of lovely open fast twistys.

at ambleside choice of heading up to Keswick or back down to Windermere...