A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 6th February 2012, 08:25 AM

Just make sure you scan it yourself or get someone you trust to do it to check for cat issues etc....
Old 6th February 2012, 09:03 AM
Banned

will do, and if not then there is plenty of time there are many out there to choose from witch is what i keep telling myself
Old 6th February 2012, 09:15 AM

W12 BLK, yeah I saw it. I've inspected a couple of cars that fellas been selling.

It's a nice car in that its a W12 and has had work done (new rear caliper n bits like that) but generally servicing seems to have been lacking (bonnet wouldn't even open properly as all hinges and catches siezed).
There wasn't one major issue that made me say no but the little issues were stacking up and would be costly to rectify. It was just a tad tatty too - shame as a very very well specced car!

If it were £7k ish I'd say worth a punt but not £10k by a mile.

The chap was helpful and keen for me to inspect though so sure he's not fully aware of it's issues.

At a lower price, bought with repairs in mind it'd be OK but as a buy to use car, using all of a budget it'd be a mine field!
Old 6th February 2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

yea i thought as much, i just spoke to someone now that was selling one i was intrested in but some one has put a deposit on it and is collecting it fairly soon,

it may well be worth me hanging on that little bit longer rather than rushing it, in order to find the right spec i want and in the right condition,

i will ring the bloke with the W12 BLK and make him an offer and explain the basis of my offer, however im not really keen in fixing faults when i just buy a car i like every thing to be working as it should so i can get to know the car and learn its ways, like with the D2 any problems i am able to fix because i know the car but if its unfamiliar to me i would rather it was all in perfect order
Old 6th February 2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
however im not really keen in fixing faults when i just buy a car i like every thing to be working as it should so i can get to know the car and learn its ways, like with the D2 any problems i am able to fix because i know the car but if its unfamiliar to me i would rather it was all in perfect order
you'll be very lucky to find a 2nd hand car that's been properly sorted and without any issues.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say the only place you stand a chance of that, is from a member here.
Old 13th September 2012, 03:55 PM

I was stationary at a crossroads in east Manchester and saw W12 BLK pass me by. When I first saw it in the distance, I thought maybe it was an imitation W12, so was delighted to see it was a real one. And I was very impressed by the sound of it when it went past. I've been in a Phaeton W12 and driven a Flying Spur W12, so am in the market for one, likely an A8, next year. The guy driving W12 BLK looked like Richard Armitage, the actor who played Lucas North in Spooks on the BBC. Was it one of you guys on this thread?