A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 14th July 2023, 06:51 AM

Is it the upper or lower? I can't work out what could be 'hanging off' The lower is hardly ever a problem as that attaches in three places and is reasonably robust, unless its been gorilla'd. The upper is the one from which the screw bosses become detached but that will usually just sit there as its a fairly tight fit and has hooks at the back.
Old 14th July 2023, 12:37 PM

Thanks Dean. I will bear that in mind

MJ, hanging is probably not the best way to describe it. I could see a gap between the upper and lower sections all the way round but the top part seems to be wedged in but does move about when I steer and makes awful clicking noises. To be honest I was so pee’d off I just parked the car up and didn’t even bother inspecting it properly. I might go back to it at some point this year

I had a trip planned to North Cornwall with it in a few weeks time, but I will probably take my old faithful Green beast instead

1988 E30 Coupe - Royalblau Metallic

2003 S4 Avant - Light Silver Mettalic

2016 S5 Coupe Black Edition - Ibis White

Last edited by RICKY D; 14th July 2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old 14th July 2023, 04:50 PM

Ah right. The two hooks at the back are pretty tricky to line up with the lower part and it often takes some fiddling and poking to get them both in at the same time. Once those are in though, it drops down and usually sits quite snug on the lower part even without screws. If the screws are completely non-functional then a tiny drop of superglue at the corners will hold it in place.