A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 22nd March 2016, 11:33 AM

Default dividing line between prestige and premium cars

as some of you might know Geneva is one of the major european car shows which is why Pirelli have just chosen to launch their latest Pzero there

as always the tyre fitments are calculated , and some half of the prestige cars are Pirelli shod and a third of the premium cars [ which reflects the Pirelli market share in those segments it seems ]

question is , does anyone know what fits in those categories ? I know the Merc S class is in prestige , what about our humble A8's ?; I presume there is an industry standard !

Last edited by oldnick; 22nd March 2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:35 PM

I'd have thought that a repmobile with the added badge like CD or SE or Ghia or whatever would be prestige. Whereas a range topping model with all the bells and stuff would be premium.
All said and done these words are just semantics and marketing, and I prefer to think of mine as 'Fun'
Old 24th March 2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
I'd have thought that a repmobile with the added badge like CD or SE or Ghia or whatever would be prestige. Whereas a range topping model with all the bells and stuff would be premium.
All said and done these words are just semantics and marketing, and I prefer to think of mine as 'Fun'
well I know that cars like rollers, ferraris , lambos etc are prestige ...my question is really how far down does this go ? S class mercs I understand

it is not a question of marketing .....it is important to OE suppliers as well as car manufacturers to know if they have their product and manufacturing strategies correct eg all tyre manufacturers in uk send their sales to an independent body who then collates the market and informs all participants so they can work out their share