A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 25th December 2017, 05:45 PM

Post your settings when you do the VCds drop as I’m going to do this in the new year too
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:50 AM

Revive old thread! How are the rims going? Any pics yet?

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 5th February 2020, 11:58 PM

Thread revival!

Arrival of my 05 w12 has resulted in me swapping over the ff1ds

Seem to be getting a wobble on the front steering. Any w12 guys on here ?

Is a 20x9 still ok on the w12. A few alloy sites seems to indicate a diff between the w12 and 4.2tdi in terms of offset.
I think the fronts are a 32et

Don’t know whether it’s not sitting right on the spigot rings, whether it’s the 20x9 / et or just buckled

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI
Old 6th February 2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchris View Post
Don’t know whether it’s not sitting right on the spigot rings, whether it’s the 20x9 / et or just buckled
Can't comment on the specifics of the W12, but would have thought they would be no different to the rest of the D3 A8/S8s.

The one thing that caught my eye was 'spigot rings'. Assuming that you've been running the wheels on the other car, and everything has been fine, and the W12 has been fine until the swap, and now you're experiencing a wobble, spigot rings would be my choice for the problem.

Prior to getting the A8 (and knowing little about cars), I had a '01 A4, put a set of bigger wheels on it, and then had a one day trip down to Wexford and back. Once above 60mph, it started shaking. Found out afterwards that the centre bore on the wheels was bigger, and a set of spigot rings cured the problem.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 6th February 2020, 01:59 PM

Hi Sean

Yeas spigots my main concern.

I put a new one on front left and cleaned a load of copper grease off and it seems a little better but still something there.

I think i am going to put the ispiri back on the 4.2tdi and bring the 19s back onto the w12.

I have got the w12 gassed now so i am in deep and will need to keep for a year or 2 to recoup costs. But i have to be 100% honest, i think the 4.2tdi is the better car. Its going to pain me to sell it.

Previous
2006 A8 4.2TDI