A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Engine Bay

D4 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd August 2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
This is the result from a forum I moderate on, of a recent kwik fit tyre change. 4 miles after fitting a new tyre the wheel came off, luckily not on a motorway
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic...l=+kwik%20+fit

Not sure if you need to be registered to see the pictures.
Ok, had a vauxhall many years ago, bought it second hand from a main franchised VW Dealer. Engine let go on the motorway, threw a rod. Towed it back to the dealership, agreed to fit a rebuild engine. Took two weeks to sort. Pick up the car its burning oil and smoking like a chimney, like something out of fools and horses. Take it back for engine #2. Fixed in the end. Immediately traded the car in on something else.

Had a brand new 7 series. Some muppet stuck a massive dent on the door whilst it was parked. Quoted the work around. Franchised BMW dealer came the cheapest. Dropped the car off. Week later come back. As I drove onto the lot I can see my car. The repair is so bad I don't even need to get out of the car. Go to reception they immediately try to take payment. I say to the reception guy, let's go have a look shall we. I stand in front of the car and say ...That is not fixed... Proceed to have an argument with the service manager giving me some bull about the door needing to be replaced and it will be impossible to fix. .... Proceed to have a complete rage fit, (And I swear this is true) The dealer principle happens to be behind the service guy, whilst I'm bellowing at the top of my voice on various topics. Service guy bundles me into to a room, one week later car is properly fixed.

I can go on and on and on .....