A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 3rd April 2018, 04:58 PM

Default MMI problem? Clicking noise from rear shelf

2006 S8

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in interior electronics, but here goes with the whole story......

This weekend I used the car Saturday morning, swapping cars around on my drive. Later in the afternoon, jump in to go at around 4.30pm and car dead - interior lights on, but when trying to start, just got the clicking from the starter, not enough juice. Hook up to another car with jump leads, fired straight up and away I went. Over the next 4 hours, used the car twice more, each time starting no problem and no issues.

Didn't use the car Sunday or Monday, but around midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning the car alarm starts beeping. I go to unlock with the remote, nothing - battery flat, completely. Only option was to unlock boot with the key and disconnect the battery.

This morning, I removed the battery, charged and put back in a few hours later. Car starts up no worries, but the MMI doesn't initialise and I have a "clicking" noise coming from the left rear parcel shelf, like a relay clicking on/off. This noise continues even when the car is switched off.

Any ideas on this, and could this also be what has drained the battery? Thanks.