A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 9th January 2020, 04:13 PM

Unhappy

An update

I have gone with a limited millage (3000mls), agreed valuation policy with Lancaster insurance. I am still sceptical about the agreed valuation part of this as they also say they cannot start the process until you purchase the main policy. The only reason I was willing to give it a try is because they beat my current providers quote (Admiral) by £60, have a lower excess and have waved the fee for the valuation. The millage restriction is no big deal for me as I do much less than this anyhow.

I have close to £9000 invested in this car but I will keep my valuation to a more realistic £6000. I honestly don't expect they will even go for that given that these are selling for less than £3000 at the moment, if you want to buy a higher millage one with all the usual issues.

The policy doesn't kick in until the beginning of next month so i'll keep you all informed on how the valuation goes.

On another note. It's absolutely no surprise many car owners just simply stick with there current providers at renewal time and accept inflated premiums because of it. I am fed up with this already and have my other car to sort out yet.

Frank
Old 23rd January 2020, 03:43 AM

Quick and brief update, cos insurance is boring. Just incase anyone is interested in persuing an agreed valuation policy.

Lancaster agreed my valuation of £6000. Got my certificate yesterday, valid for 2 years.

Not sure if a third parties insurance company would recognise it if they were to write my car off. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.