A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 11th August 2014, 01:01 PM

Default Bumper Fastenings

Can someone tell me how the bottom of the front bumper is held onto the body on a 2000 FL , It looks like it could be those plug in clips .

Anyone have the part number of them ?
Old 11th August 2014, 01:13 PM

This might help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf audi_parts_manual.pdf (2.42 MB, 264 views)
Old 11th August 2014, 01:31 PM

thanks for pdf

Is that parts 13,14 and 15 I need ?
Old 11th August 2014, 02:30 PM

Not sure. Part 13 is the Reinforcement Assembly which takes the force in a collision and is expensive. Re-reading your post, I am not sure what you mean by the bottom of the front bumper? Do you mean the grey plastic part which is attached to the body-coloured section? (That seems to be all of one piece)
Old 11th August 2014, 03:16 PM

its the holes in the underside of the bumper which appear to go through the tray and into the bodywork. if that even makes sense.

its drooping down and rubbing on the ground when turning onto hills
Old 11th August 2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboblob View Post
its the holes in the underside of the bumper which appear to go through the tray and into the bodywork. if that even makes sense.
Ah. perfect sense. I also realise that I was looking at the first picture on page 1 and the one on Page 2

They hold the engine undertray to the body and brackets. Yep, lost a few of those myself. and keep meaning to get some more. Items 13,14 and 15 do seem to be correct for some of the fasteners but, IIRC there are a couple of types including all metal screw types for some of the holes.
Old 11th August 2014, 03:43 PM

I am afraid there are no such fixings at least not on PF D2 or any other Audi I have seen. Not 100% sure about FL but I would expect to be the same and there is nothing in Etka that would match the description. The ones for undertray does not go through bumper. I had my lower part of bumper hanging as well but that was because it was damaged and disformed.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 11th August 2014, 04:40 PM

I might try the plastic ones you push in with the center bit that makes it expand when you push . I had to get some for kids car when we had to replace his bumper. They may be the correct size and I have a couple spare, I will let you know
Old 11th August 2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I am afraid there are no such fixings at least not on PF D2 or any other Audi I have seen. Not 100% sure about FL but I would expect to be the same and there is nothing in Etka that would match the description. The ones for undertray does not go through bumper. I had my lower part of bumper hanging as well but that was because it was damaged and disformed.
The tray fasteners do actually go through the lower section of the bumper. Some just fix to the tray and two go through the tray to alloy brackets which hang down from the aluminium internal bumper, thus stopping the bumper and tray flexing.