A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st August 2011, 09:38 PM

Question Windscreen Wiper Problems - Battery Issue?

Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope you may be able to help me! I have a 2003 D3 A8, 4.2 Quattro SWB that has recently developed a few problems.

Last week the wipers stopped working completely. If I selected the mid position on the MMI they would reset and start again no problem. When I try to do this now, they will not go to the mid position any more.

About a month ago, the remote entry stopped working.
About 2 months ago I noticed that the rear interior light does not come on when the door is opened.
Last Christmas I was locked out of the car a few times and had to use the key to gain entry (central locking not working).
Power Steering is sometimes heavy (random)

Prior to this, the car has been faultless and has been kept to a high standard.

After looking at some of the posts on this forum, I am wondering if it is all related to a battery issue? If so, how should I proceed to check it?

I removed the earth lead from the battery on Saturday and charged the battery for 24 hours. It is holding the charge well and the car started no problem and sounded very good (it sometimes sounds like it's missing slightly at startup). All the above problems are still present though, so I am wondering if it is the battery ECU?

I don't want to take it to main dealer as the prices are ridiculous. I am an aircraft engineer so I would like to solve the problem!

Any help is much appreciated!
Many Thanks!

Last edited by davrianman; 1st August 2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added age of car!

Tags
battery, electrics, fault, problem, wipers