A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 20th May 2016, 03:08 PM

Default kwik fit problems

just had four pirelli p zero tyres fitter to my car from tyre shopper they where spot on £602 fitted decided to get kwik fit to do my Hunter Four-Wheel Alignment, took them two and a half hours then the bloke came to see me and said my suspension had drop at the front fault lights on the dash and only one setting on the mmi which was lift after looking at the car air was escaping from the acceleration sensor for air spring damper he said it failed as he was working on the car i wasnt charged for the wheel alignment i rang the garage i normally take my car to took it over there he wasnt shocked by the damage told me that kwik fit hadnt put my car into jack mode and when they lowered my car off the jack it had bust the pipe attached to the sensor priced a new one from audi £270+vat but theyre on back order and it will be ten days before i get it has anyone else had problems like this from kwik fit or any other garage i am fuming and think kwik fit should pay to put it right but after speaking to the garage that tried to do the wheel alignment argued with the lad i normally take my car to over the phone then kwik fit hung up on him so im waiting to hear from the area manager.
Old 20th May 2016, 03:47 PM

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your woes with KwikFit. Fullstops are optional in this forum but photos are not, would like to see pics when you've the time.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 20th May 2016, 04:53 PM

Not good. Personally speaking, I've nearly always had great service from my local Kwikfit (e.g. they've just swapped my winters for summers in time for the annual meet - no charge). The one time I did have a minor issue was with a "new" member of staff, and escalating it to the regional manager had the desired effect.

I hope you get the right result, sometimes one bad apple and all that...
Old 20th May 2016, 05:10 PM

It's no consolation to you now, but contrary to TinTin, I wouldn't touch KwikWreck with anyone's barge pole.

Nonetheless, if they screwed it up, they are liable, do you have Legal Expenses cover with your car or home insurance? If so, time to use it, the threat should be enough to force KF to do the right thing
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 20th May 2016, 05:45 PM

Service can vary branch to branch I think, I use my local once for MOTs, book on-line, timed slot, costs about £26 for the test and it is the same tester each year who is helpful, honest and efficient. Which is more than can be said for a lot of MOT places, including the main dealers!!!!!!!!

They did once write off a mates car, he had filled the sills with filler and they jacked it up. So little metal, so much filler, snapped the chassis rail He half expected it to be honest, but without prompting they referred it to their insurer, who paid more than market value
Old 20th May 2016, 06:46 PM

Really sorry to hear about your problem with Kwik Fit.

But welcome to the forums!

2008 Audi S8
Old 20th May 2016, 07:05 PM

I always ask the question when I use somebody new but then make sure that I keep my eye on them to make sure. If they are not happy with me being there then I go somewhere else. But to date I have not had a problem with anyone when I insist on being close to the car.
Still prefer to use the same guy for everything 'cos I know he is good.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 20th May 2016, 10:42 PM

thanks for posting the issue you had.
i had no idea that the car had to be in jacking mode. esp as i am getting the tyres changed in the next week.
Old 21st May 2016, 08:02 AM

i have had some troubles recently, not the same as yours, but what i did learn is that 10 days is the standard offering on back orders from audi. they will always say up to 10 days. normally it is within 5, my back order came from manufacturer to Audi Germany to dealership in leeds in 5 days

small consolation i know,

welcome to the forum
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 21st May 2016, 01:41 PM

Just had the two rears changed on mine at Micheldever Tyres. The guys there asked if the car had been put into Jacking mode before the started any work.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles