A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 19th March 2019, 12:43 PM

I'm think this is the correct picture of what I'm after.

Does anyone know how the washer jet comes apart from the cylinder, and for convenience, is it possible to remove the jet if the top cover/cap is already off, therefore removing the need to take the bumper off to remove and repair the entire cylinder jet mechanism ?

Thanks !

Old 19th March 2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky22buk View Post
Hi Steamship. Thanks again for taking the time to post. I need the drivers side washer jet if possible ? Would take the cover/cap too and just give it a quick spray. PM me what you need for both and we will come to an arrangement.

Thank you !
PM on it's way.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 19th March 2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
PM on it's way.
Replied Sean.

Thank you !
Old 19th March 2019, 01:31 PM

That's a D3 jet in the picture.

The bumper has to come off to change them unfortunately.
Old 19th March 2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
That's a D3 jet in the picture.

The bumper has to come off to change them unfortunately.
Thank you MJ ! I appreciate your input.

Its looking like Steamship can help....

Cheers folks !
Old 19th March 2019, 03:29 PM

That's good to hear. Didn't realise how much the cylinders were, time for an ebay listing I think!

Good luck with the MOT.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 19th March 2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
That's good to hear. Didn't realise how much the cylinders were, time for an ebay listing I think!

Good luck with the MOT.
Thank you !!!!
Old 19th March 2019, 06:26 PM

For anyone interested, have just being doing some investigation for Richard.

Turns out, of the two I had still in a bumper, one was completely smashed, and the other had one of the jets missing, so not much use. I played around with the better one, and it is possible to remove the existing jet mechanism without too much hassle. Not sure if it could be done in situ, on the car, but haven't tried.

I then did some checking and came across a very similar jet mechanism for a similar aged Audi A6, with the part numbers being 4Z7955101 (passenger side) and 4Z7955102 (driver side). They look identical, and are only about a fiver (from China), as opposed to £19 from the dealer. I might send off for one to see if they will work.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th March 2019, 11:58 AM

Again incase anyone is interested !!!!!

Contacted Audi to order the water jet nozzle and cap and recieved this reply ....

See attached, Item 2 is no longer available to order, I’m not sure if item 1 actually comes with the jet attached, it can still be ordered, but isn’t available from England, so I couldn’t order and return if not suitable

The cap ( 2a) is available, £28.25 plus vat, and comes primed for painting. I would guess it comes on the hinged mount to attach to the bumper, judging by the price

Old 20th March 2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky22buk View Post
Again incase anyone is interested !!!!!

Contacted Audi to order the water jet nozzle and cap and recieved this reply ....

See attached, Item 2 is no longer available to order, I’m not sure if item 1 actually comes with the jet attached, it can still be ordered, but isn’t available from England, so I couldn’t order and return if not suitable

The cap ( 2a) is available, £28.25 plus vat, and comes primed for painting. I would guess it comes on the hinged mount to attach to the bumper, judging by the price
It looks like item 1 is the prefacelift and is superseded by 1A for the facelift, perhaps item 2 (nozzles) are the same between models? Not sure how 2A would attach though...
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)