A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Body and Exterior

D2 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 15th June 2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
Ordered one from the Dealer, would suggest anyone planning to contact Glasgow Audi parts dept gets a sleeping bag and a packed lunch before trying I would hope if you were trying to get through to them to spend £80k on a new car it would be quicker Anyway for info the part nos for mine ended up being different from the ones Adrian posted and of course more expensive (£79)

N/S 4D0 853 635B
O/S 4D0 853 636

are the numbers for mine
Interesting - will check those part numbers and see if I can figure out what the difference is

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th June 2013, 10:04 PM

based on a quick google Adrian, think this seems to be the difference with top one being the one for mine and bottom one your part number

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: doc bumpergrille.doc (178.5 KB, 286 views)

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 20th June 2013, 09:14 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
I drilled and cable tied mine like Oli did with is after losing one and seeing another one get easily dislodged. Definitely a good move if you do that Brian
There's no need to drill them. Mine are cable tied through one of two lugs at the top of the grille (see attachment). The tie doesn't show but it'll hold the grille on if it becomes dislodged. But I've found the ties are often missing when the car comes back from the garage if there's work been done in that area.
Attached Files
File Type: doc bumpergrille.doc (102.5 KB, 275 views)
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 22nd June 2013, 01:46 PM

well £80 lighter and new one fitted, also cable tied both and as Jim has said no need to drill them either

Old 10th December 2013, 03:26 PM

Hi,

What is the cheapest way of getting these pieces of plastic? My 2001 FL 2.8QS had one when I bought which recently vanished So I need two. Is the cheapest option actually going to Audi and getting them straight from there? Some cheeky monkey is selling them for £104 each on ebay!!! for a piece of plastic! Why on earth are they so much more than the PF ones? The only difference I can tell is there is a slightly different shape and a hole in the middle yet PF ones are about £20 on ebay.

Thanks
Old 10th December 2013, 07:23 PM

I think its called supply and demand. . They are as rare as rocking horse droppings and you need two.
Old 10th December 2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_pamphilon View Post
Hi,

What is the cheapest way of getting these pieces of plastic? My 2001 FL 2.8QS had one when I bought which recently vanished So I need two. Is the cheapest option actually going to Audi and getting them straight from there? Some cheeky monkey is selling them for £104 each on ebay!!! for a piece of plastic! Why on earth are they so much more than the PF ones? The only difference I can tell is there is a slightly different shape and a hole in the middle yet PF ones are about £20 on ebay.

Thanks
£104 is taking the P when they are £80 new from Audi, probably worth making sure of your part numbers because as you can see from this thread it can get confusing

Old 19th December 2013, 03:17 PM

I just cant understand the price of these things which are basically just a piece of plastic. I know its a long shot but does anybody here have a 3d printer? They could make a fortune printing these things and selling them for 50-60 notes each. Anybody else have any other suggestions as of how to get these cheaply? would eurocarpparts etc type websites be of any use?

Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 06:23 AM

I know what you mean with the price of these grills. My D2 is missing both of them. One is lying on the side of a villa access track on the Costa Del Sol (never did find it despite extensive search), and the other was stolen from the car whilst parked in London a few weeks ago.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 20th December 2013, 07:16 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory_pamphilon View Post
I just cant understand the price of these things which are basically just a piece of plastic. I know its a long shot but does anybody here have a 3d printer? They could make a fortune printing these things and selling them for 50-60 notes each. Anybody else have any other suggestions as of how to get these cheaply? would eurocarpparts etc type websites be of any use?

Thanks
I think you'll either have to pay the price from Audi (like I did a while ago) or be very patient and dilligent in scanning the 'breaking' ads on ebay.

But once you have them on, invest a few pennies on a couple of long black cable ties. They can be easily attached without drilling and give a degree of security against loss and theft.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).