A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 1st March 2012, 09:40 AM

The A8 on par with a legacy? I'm sorry but the D2 is better made then any brand new Jag/Lexus and Merc. I've never been in anything as solid and quality feeling in all my life. There is no way a Legacy could hold a candle upto a D2 A8, not even a pre facelift 2.8 when it comes to quality. Good luck with your search Chan, you won't be dissapointed.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 1st March 2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Its worth bearing in mind though that upgrades aside, your car is a 1999 early facelift with > 150,000 miles on the clock. This would make it worth significantly less than you're looking for. The spec is good, but not than special for the age.

You may have spent good money on the exhaust and paintjob, but these things never bring any money back, and in my experience the majority of buyers want to buy an original car that hasn't been tweaked.

If you can find a buyer who wants an early facelift, with high miles, a custom paint job and quad exhaust, you might scrape 3K imo. Otherwise you might have to consider dropping it quite a bit to move it on. Anything over 100K miles drops like a stone in value.

Sorry, just trying to help your expectations or you're going to be sat with it for quite some time.... Its a buyers market right now, and anything with a petrol engine is struggling to reach anything like last years values.

Ignore Autotrader prices - Most adverts are overpriced and not selling anything as a result.

On the plus side, any replacement car you buy should have quite some room for movement in price if its a thirsty petrol. Just look at the way the D3 S8's are tumbling.
Sorry, I have to agree with this - we've all seen how much cars have gone for recently, for example Ranj's PF 8 recently.

I think you'll be lucky to see anything the right side of 2k to be honest.

You car has been well cared for no question, but the mods will put some people off, especially those struggling with insurance prices as the mods make it harded and more expensive to insure.

The mileage is the factor that's going to hit your price most though
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 1st March 2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
The A8 on par with a legacy? I'm sorry but the D2 is better made then any brand new Jag/Lexus and Merc. I've never been in anything as solid and quality feeling in all my life. There is no way a Legacy could hold a candle upto a D2 A8, not even a pre facelift 2.8 when it comes to quality. Good luck with your search Chan, you won't be dissapointed.
And have to agree with this too, they are different gravy.

I think you're about to go on a journey of discovery Chan
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 1st March 2012, 09:58 AM

Guys,

I am sure u are both right - apologies, hope no offence by me comparing the D2 with my Legacy (but, am sure some twin-turbo Legacy would give the D2 a run for its money on performance)

Let me re-phrase, I am looking to buy a D2 (even though older than my Legacy) because it seems to offer better quality and performance than my current legacy. The A8 would be an upgrade for my Legacy...it would be hard to beat the germans on quality alone

I am very much eager to get my hands on a D2 (possibly D3 if I see a bargain).
I have given myself til summer to replace my car - so no rush.

I like the look of the D2, but the interior of a D3...so still 2minds abt it, but cost would definitley bring me back down to earth to a D2.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Sorry, I have to agree with this - we've all seen how much cars have gone for recently, for example Ranj's PF 8 recently.

I think you'll be lucky to see anything the right side of 2k to be honest.

You car has been well cared for no question, but the mods will put some people off, especially those struggling with insurance prices as the mods make it harded and more expensive to insure.

The mileage is the factor that's going to hit your price most though
I agree, but I nearly bought Rang;s A8 - it look good inside and out, and most importantly it had LPG and was sub-£2k...only the year/mileage put me off...
Old 1st March 2012, 10:01 AM

I'm a lover of Subaru even the Justy 4x4 that was hilarious and the Brat was a true trojen, but it's just not a maker i would put on par with Audi for luxury. I haven't however been in a mk4 Legacy it would have been a M or N plate ish i would have seen the inside of.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

you will have far more fun to drive the D2 than the D3 regardless of BHP and you do get more for your money with a D2 as prices fall,
as for under 2k, was offered nearly 3k for mine as a Part ex, so i did wander if i should put it all back to standard and sell off the bits, ie Ranj wants my quads, and i have someone that wants my RS6 wheels and offered me £500 for them so maybe i can get more money by selling it cheaper and re couping the money by selling off the mods instead ?

Oh and just my 2p worth, subaru build quality is nothing like Audi let alone the quality of an A8, i have had a Wrx sti and a legacy and nether cars have been as good as the A8
Old 1st March 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan110 View Post
Guys,

I am sure u are both right - apologies, hope no offence by me comparing the D2 with my Legacy (but, am sure some twin-turbo Legacy would give the D2 a run for its money on performance)

Let me re-phrase, I am looking to buy a D2 (even though older than my Legacy) because it seems to offer better quality and performance than my current legacy. The A8 would be an upgrade for my Legacy...it would be hard to beat the germans on quality alone

I am very much eager to get my hands on a D2 (possibly D3 if I see a bargain).
I have given myself til summer to replace my car - so no rush.

I like the look of the D2, but the interior of a D3...so still 2minds abt it, but cost would definitley bring me back down to earth to a D2.
Performance is probably the one place the Legacy will trump and A8, maybe even reliability, You will be happy with a D2/3 anyway.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 1st March 2012, 10:21 AM

Hi DaviesBike,

Unless the ideal buyer comes along, yes, it might be an idea to flog the expensive mods and sell the car as standard kit.

But still no harm in testing the water on the likes of gumtree - u never know until u try and there might be an enthusiast out there just waiting for your car to come on the market!
If not, then u can sell the car as standard kit...

Subaru nothing compared with Audi? I hope so!
I am very much looking forward to owning an Audi now - after all the positive comments here!
Old 1st March 2012, 12:37 PM
Banned

Ok so wheels are going on to someone else and im going to ask for £2,999 on nearest offer now i do not want to have to take the car to bits to be honest, and i think thats a good price