A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 11th April 2014, 08:39 AM

yeah.

I had a couple of good PMs from dave.

I'll edit them down to the information we need and I'll post it up.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:04 AM

From Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@A8parts
The sunroof tray is according to ETKA different between Glass and Solar sunroof models so in order to do a smooth retro fit I would suggest swapping out the tray complete. This would obviously mean removing the headlining from the car which isn’t as difficult as it sounds. It is a matter of removing all the pillar upper trims which mostly unscrew and unclip easily, and then dropping down the headlining and then unbolting the sunroof tray and refitting the solar one. I have personally swapped all the upper trims and headlining in my own car and it took me around half a day.

As for the wiring the solar roof has simple Brown and Red (+ and -) connectors which track down the A pillar and go to a connector behind the glove box and then on the Climate Control Unit itself. This would need to be coded to tell it that it now has a solar roof. Once coded you will have the option of turning the solar roof on or off (which is a great idea during the winter months to prevent the windows steaming up like the D2 used to!) and it also automatically sets the fresh air intake flaps open when you switch the ignition off, and if for some reason you have the centre vents closed it will automatically open them to allow the air to flow into the cabin (despite looking like a normal roller operated vent, the centre ones are actually controlled by an electric actuator which receives its message from the roller). This way the climate control unit stays in control, not the driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@A8parts
The wires from the solar roof go down to a 3 pin connector behind the glove box which connects to the Blower Control unit under the bonnet and in turn connects to the HVAC unit.

There is no control unit or canbus wires mentioned in the diagram, but any of these you may need we would be able to supply.
I'd like to do it but it won't be for a couple of months yet.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.