A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 16th March 2019, 11:20 AM

Default raising suspension with no engine

Hi guys. It's the first time I've posted since my 4.2TDI threw one of its timing chains. I still havent actually managed to get any time to start getting the engine out for repair but am hoping to get a start pretty soon.

Since it has been sitting for a few months now (battery disconnected) the rear driver side has dropped. There is obviously a very small leak in the air bag or associated pipework.

Thing is, since the engine popped, the suspension won't lift. Is it possible to use VCDS to get the suspension into lift height (so I can get the jacks under to start lifting it high enough to drop the engine out) and lock it into jacking mode?

Nothing seems to be labelled on VCDS for these cars so it's really difficult for a technophobe such as me to use!

thanks guys
1990 Land Rover 90 factory county station wagon with all the luxury additions, such as a clock and a tape player.
2007 A4 3.0TDi s-line cabriolet quattro
2000 A8 D2 2.8 quattro, looking for a new home - gone
2003 A6 3.0 quattro, in the way... anyone want any parts? - gone
Old 19th March 2019, 02:42 PM

Have you closed all the doors? The air suspension is paused while doors and maybe boot are open (or not properly closed)
Turning the ignition on should be enough to raise it as long as jack mode is not on.