A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 2nd May 2015, 06:54 PM

Default City powder coaters

Iv just dropped my alloys off at City powder coaters in Birmingham, the winters are at the end of there life so need to get my summers cleaned up and fresh rubber on them, the car is aqua blue pearl iirc, I was going to go with a light sparkle silver but changed my mind due to recommendations from the lad there and went with a blue'ish anthacite, I'll pick them up next week and post pictures, iv used them before with good results, I just need to try and do something with the centercaps but I'll wait till iv got the wheels before I make the decision, anyone else running dark alloys on a dark car just for inspiration? Looking forward to having my winters off and going back to decent sized alloys again
Old 4th May 2015, 05:37 PM

Quick update, I completely forgot about the centre caps of my alloys before deciding to go with anthracite, id previously removed the corrosion on two caps and repainted the chrome rims aqua blue pearl (body colour) to tidy them up a bit, any who thinking it'd look a bit pants all the different colours with such big centre caps I popped into halfrauds for some anthracite paint, I'm not expecting it to match but once I get the wheels they'll at least tide me over till I can sort something out if they really do look odd, anyway some progress pictures for anyone keeping an eye on here

The state of them before paint

How I was going to have them if I had left the wheels sparkle silver

Close up

Now in anthracite

The anthracite still needs its PU lacquer top coat but I'll do that next weekend once hardened and flattened as per instructions, I did throw a coat or two of normal lacquer over the colour coat just to enhance the shine a little once the PU clear goes on
Old 4th May 2015, 09:19 PM

They look good
Old 6th May 2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
They look good
Thanks, will put pics up of them altogether once I pick up the alloys this weekend
Old 10th May 2015, 07:16 PM

Well got my alloys all sorted on Saturday, not 100% sure yet, there a damn site better than what they where, they've just got to grow on me I think, it does look good IMO but I dunno if another colour would of been better, be a lot easier to clean , I paid £100 at city powder coaters and they've done a good job if I don't mind saying so myself, anyway some pics other wise this thread would be useless

And after a bit of TLC and polish

Last edited by Burnzybubbles; 10th May 2015 at 07:20 PM.