A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 16th May 2015, 02:34 PM

What me officer, no way, I always obey the law.
Well when SWMBO is with me

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 28th May 2015, 06:53 AM

On the other end of the scale, when raising in lift mode the suspension feels rock hard I wonder if it locks out the shocks? Guess the raised pressure to get the lift doesn't help, but it feels rather firm
Old 5th June 2015, 05:54 AM
Banned

I discovered a couple of things with D3 if you have sport suspension then when you select the dynamic function it dose not lower anymore but rather firms up, however after the magic 78mph it will lower a further 20mm the non sport dose not do this as it sits 20mm higher as standard so when you select dynamic you will see the car drop regardless of speed and then again 20mm further at 78mph,

Now if you want a tad better handling the select dynamic allow the car to lower and then hit set up and select towing mode, this locks the rear shocks and air suspension from moving and stiffens the back end up even more, I'm sure it's more of a life hack

I also discovered if you run some bell wire to the compressor and bridge the connector for the electro magnet that controls the relise of extra pressure you can wire in a switch that make the car rock hard !

And I mean rock hard it's like a flick of a button and you suddenly have track suspension

The car thinks there is a fault and puts the orange light on while it's switched, and locks all 4 shocks and all 4 air canisters, resulting in nurburg ring style handling ... I discovered this by accedent when the wire corded on my 4.2 making it rock hard, I decided to wire in a switch and see if the idea would work..

Low and behold it did and it's genuinely like someone has cut 4 foot off the back of the car and stuck it on coilovers
Old 5th June 2015, 09:06 AM

That same effect can be had by pulling fuse 10 on drivers side fuse box its the fuse for the Level control ecu.

Old 6th June 2015, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
That same effect can be had by pulling fuse 10 on drivers side fuse box its the fuse for the Level control ecu.
Oh really now ? Hmm I can feel some wire and a switch coming along