A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 22nd September 2011, 06:39 AM

Default Front suspension control arms

My D3 4.2 is suffering from steering wander, particularly noticable on the motorway and requires constant steering corrections to keep in s straight line.

Tracking is spot on and there are no scanned errors in the suspension system.

At 148k I suspect the control arms are past their best, I have the full history of the car and only the front top arms have been replaced during the life of the car (2010).

The old girl is a keeper so I think it's time to rebuild the front suspension and replace the control arms, has anybody found a place to get a reasonably priced full set ?

From research I see there's 3 quality brands for consideration, Meyle, Lemforder & Febi Bilstein - has anybody any experience of any of these ?
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles
Old 7th November 2011, 03:07 AM

Default Control Arms

The best place I have found for OEM Controls Arms is AllGermanParts, which is based in Leeds.

They are by far the cheapest compared to anyone else and its usually next day delivery, or if not in stock certainly by the second day.

You can also source kits on ebay....but I have heard mixed reviews about these....