A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 12th December 2011, 04:00 PM

Default Time for Suspension to Rise ?

Just wondering how long it should take the suspension (sports) to rise from Dynamic to Lift when stationary.

Im thinking I have a suspension fault (there is a code logged for the pressure sensor) other than the one logged as it take ages for it to rise (15-20 seconds) - or is it me being impatient

Running VAGCOM for Level Control I'm only getting between 1 and 6 bar running pressure and I was told by Audi it should be 9+

The car doesn't drop whilst stood so I don't suspect any leaks.
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles
Old 12th December 2011, 07:39 PM

Not sure what it should be, but I think mine takes about as long.

I know.. I know..

Old 13th December 2011, 02:59 PM

Think you're being impatient - mine is the same...even longer if you do it while driving slowly... yawn lol

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 22nd December 2011, 03:41 PM

I was waiting outside a shop for the wife today and switched from dynamic to high and counted around 30 seconds to to rise, I could see easily as the ground outside was block paved and so I could see many reference points. It seemed to rise the front, followed by the back and then the front again and back again. 4 stages in all.

Lowering seemed faster, initially it dropped a long way sooner, but did take ~30 seconds before it stopped moving completely.

Interesting, as sometimes I engage high to drive across a vehicle entrapment or such like, will do it earlier now I know this.
Old 22nd December 2011, 03:53 PM

Mine takes the same too.
Just relax sit back and enjoy getting it up