A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 27th February 2011, 09:32 PM

Default I want a black one.

Wanted:

1999-2003

Black

Non poverty spec, heated seats front and rear and xenons are a must. Bose would be nice...

4.2 quattro only, preferably S8. 20mpg bothers me not, so LPG not required. £120+ to fill with ESSO super lol makes the tyres seem cheap....

Milage: No more than 110,000 and a service history I can use as a doorstop, otherwise expect the cost of a water pump and belt job and gearbox service and seal replacement to be factored in to any offer I might make, if not already reflected in the asking price of course.

I'm in no rush but the wife is malleable to the idea of getting rid of my current 8 for a shinier one.

Bill

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 27th February 2011, 09:52 PM

How about Daz G's car? Ming blue looks black in most lights and fits your criteria...
Edit: Or mine and may even be able to do a deal with your old one...?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds

Last edited by Singh; 27th February 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 27th February 2011, 10:21 PM

I guess it depends on your commute or whatever, but 20mpg is a tad optimistic for an S8, think more 12 - 17 mixed driving, but mine is driven in a sprightly manner, unlike most of my walking these days!!

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey

Last edited by briang9; 27th February 2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 27th February 2011, 10:42 PM

I'm averaging 22 from my current tank, been driving like an old man though. Usually get about 19-21 average on a 20 mile a road commute, including some huge ques!

I would offer you mine, but it's on 135,000. Really should swap to somthing a little cheaper to run having just bought a house, or atleast somthing with LPG. Fancy a swap amar?
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Old 28th February 2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'm averaging 22 from my current tank, been driving like an old man though. Usually get about 19-21 average on a 20 mile a road commute, including some huge ques!

I would offer you mine, but it's on 135,000. Really should swap to somthing a little cheaper to run having just bought a house, or atleast somthing with LPG. Fancy a swap amar?
I don't even use the LPG anymore, just bung in V Power also get the same economy as you Mr.K. A £50 tank of LPG gives me 250 miles though.
Sometimes I'd rather buy a higher mile car from a forum member then a lower miler from a stranger. Your car has got to be one of the highest spec'd here and also very well sorted.
Bill, I reckon the gearbox should be more a concern to you then the belts when buying an S8 with say 100k+ miles if it's still on its first box. My S8 box was super smooth when twent bang at 137k
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 28th February 2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang9 View Post
I guess it depends on your commute or whatever, but 20mpg is a tad optimistic for an S8, think more 12 - 17 mixed driving, but mine is driven in a sprightly manner, unlike most of my walking these days!!
Over almost 9 months and 7,500 miles my D2 S8 returned 20.85 mpg.
I didn't pussy foot about in it, but even more impressive. It was covering a daily commute of a just under 1 mile each way. No chance to warm up in the morning or evening, this murders the mpg.

I reckon 20 is realistically achievable
Old 28th February 2011, 08:42 PM

looks like I should be getting more than I am then did get mid 20s on the motorway run when I drove it up from Cambridge on the day I got it.

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 1st March 2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billblank View Post
...and gearbox service and seal replacement to be factored in to any offer I might make, if not already reflected in the asking price of course.
N.S. Sherlock about the gearbox Amar . By gearbox service I'm talking T/C and clutch basket replacement by ZF as well as the usual. A reasonable £750 ish I believe, not including vat or all the labour, gulp.

MPG, well on 225's I was getting 23-24, on 245's I am just scraping 20ish. Worth it for the grip though, even if I now need bigger brakes, hmmm toastie .

Amar dealing with you would be lovely though you may find the spec of mine too low for your needs. True that buying a members motor would be preferred. We all know their little foibles and what to worry about and what to ignore. We should perhaps gently talk turkey about prices. Ben looks after yours so I know it has been loved. I'm not keen on the 20's weirdly for round here, the lack of sidewall flex doesn't feel right so I'd want to keep my shiny new 18's 'cos I'm odd

"Being in touch with your feminine side" - The ability to, in the 30 seconds following a major accident, obtain your wifes approval for replacing your big german car with another "because otherwise we'd be dead".

See also sulking for two years until she finally allows you to get another purely on the basis of your current one being the wrong colour.
Old 1st March 2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
How about Daz G's car? Ming blue looks black in most lights and fits your criteria...
Edit: Or mine and may even be able to do a deal with your old one...?
Point me to Daz G's car if there are pics on here, as for yours, I thought you only had the one left that was the OMG it has everything edition from Ian at A8parts. A tad out of my price range I'm sure .

PM me a cash figure if it is though, just out of interest mind Have just had a blazing row with the missus but over not phoning male friend of long acquaintance not car stuff, doesn't get that men don't do chatting . "I'm reasonably certain, dearest, that this is one tiny little bit of my life you dan't have a say in so neenar neenar". I then ducked.

Bill

Old 1st March 2011, 07:20 PM

Averaging 18.5 mpg, 2003 Black S8 FE with most options (but not heated rears - I never sit there...)
Never got more than 21mpg, don't see the point in being light footed in an s8, and anyway it's only +/- 10% anyway...
....and I'm a Scots accountant...