A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Fuel and Exhausts

D3 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 21st December 2015, 10:10 PM

Default DPF Delete pipes? Any1

I'm looking into having a darkside devolopments dpf delete pipe installed on my 3.0tdi v6. As I believe in having dpf issues and I'm having the need for a tinker, any1 had a kit fitted?
Old 21st December 2015, 10:58 PM

wouldn't recommend it due to inevitable MOT changes - you can get it cleaned chemically which will restore it to as new without the PM 2.5 and 10 particles being released into the atmosphere/lungs like a delete will allow....

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 21st December 2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
wouldn't recommend it due to inevitable MOT changes - you can get it cleaned chemically which will restore it to as new without the PM 2.5 and 10 particles being released into the atmosphere/lungs like a delete will allow....

Mots don't apply to me as I work in the motor trade and have it done in house. Il be having it deleted or knocked out regardless.

Want more noise and power also.
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:17 AM

I read that the finer particles that get through the dpf and stay airborne are more damaging to human lungs as they can pass through the lungs natural defences and can be absorbed into the blood , the heavier non dpf filtered particles of soot fall to the ground , so dpf delete away and fiddle them emissions ........ ask the VAG group they are experts at it ....
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR51GYR-A8 View Post
Mots don't apply to me as I work in the motor trade and have it done in house. Il be having it deleted or knocked out regardless.

Want more noise and power also.
Cant wait until you fail a VOSA roadside inspection, and the MOT investigated. Do you really value you job and or MOT tester status to the point that you could lose the lot.

By all means remove the DPF but have the existing pipe gutted and rewelded, so at least it looks like its still present and with a decent remap should not smoke to much.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
Cant wait until you fail a VOSA roadside inspection, and the MOT investigated. Do you really value you job and or MOT tester status to the point that you could lose the lot.

By all means remove the DPF but have the existing pipe gutted and rewelded, so at least it looks like its still present and with a decent remap should not smoke to much.
Darkside don't produce a pipe for my model dpf so it will be a gutting and de welding unfortunately, it will still do the same thing but it's nice to bolt on something proper.

A roadside test is few and far between and they wouldn't know what to look for anyway, like to see them try ha.

But a decent map should see me threw, now onto the strait pipe mock up.
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:31 PM

I hollowed my DPF 5 years ago due to it being expired and am pleased to say there is still no visible smoke, so these engines must be a lot cleaner than the previous generation anyway.
Old 23rd December 2015, 07:37 AM

There's no real difference in particulate terms between a Euro 4,5 or 6 at engine out - the cleanup from one level to the next to meet limit values is all down to exhaust aftertreatment.....

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC