A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th September 2012, 07:00 PM

Played with it some more this evening and finally managed to get it to recognise the 2005 navigation CD.

Basically when I put the disk in, the firmware upgrade screen was popping up all the time. Previously I selected the End option, and pressed return after popping the disk back in. This is what resulted in the system saying "navigation being activated". This time by chance rather than pressing return, I pressed the right hand knob inwards and it worked. Up popped a message "Loading navigation data" and a couple of mins later I was back in business.

Tidied up the wiring behind the unit this evening, and removed the Video in motion button from the plug and play loom as it will never be used, even if I add a video source.

My A8 has a standard windscreen, so I test mounted the GPS receiver on the dash by the tax disc. Works fine in that location, picks up 6 satellites and gets a fix no problem so that's where I'll fix it I think.

Still need to get the dashpod out to install the TMC and dash can connections, still don't know what size those weird screws are. They look like allen key bolts, so maybe a small allen key will work.

I don't know if its my ears, but after doing the firmware upgrade the sound quality has improved and has more bass at all volume levels and actually sounds the same as the Symphony MK1. Before it sounded a little flat, even on the same settings.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles

Last edited by mannyo; 13th September 2012 at 07:02 PM.