A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 18th December 2013, 03:48 PM

Default BOSE Speaker Vibration Parcel Shelf

Hi,

Had my second hand A8 3.0 SE Exec for about 3 months now. Fantastic car!

Recently it has developed vibrations on the parcel shelf at the back. Depending on the music play this is non-existent to really irritating (have to change the song!). When I was looking for A8s I noticed 3 cars that had this vibration, this one did not but it has developed (or may the music choice just got bassey). I'm 100% sure the speakers are fine, just the parcel shelf can not take the bass.

Anyone else faced this issue and have they got Audi to fix it?

J
Old 18th December 2013, 03:57 PM

Mine seems fine with Bass, even at significant volumes across all types, and my previous car was fine, so couldn't comment. Do those cars all have rear blinds?

I know.. I know..

Old 18th December 2013, 03:58 PM

I had something similar on my old D2, I always thought that was the blind mechanism rattling.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 19th December 2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker3001 View Post
Hi,

Had my second hand A8 3.0 SE Exec for about 3 months now. Fantastic car!

Recently it has developed vibrations on the parcel shelf at the back. Depending on the music play this is non-existent to really irritating (have to change the song!). When I was looking for A8s I noticed 3 cars that had this vibration, this one did not but it has developed (or may the music choice just got bassey). I'm 100% sure the speakers are fine, just the parcel shelf can not take the bass.

Anyone else faced this issue and have they got Audi to fix it?

J
I've got standard speakers and it definitely does it ... I just turned down the base and subwoofer till it stopped.

Would be interested to see how you get on with the dealer. Is your car still in warranty?
Old 19th December 2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
I've got standard speakers and it definitely does it ... I just turned down the base and subwoofer till it stopped.

Would be interested to see how you get on with the dealer. Is your car still in warranty?
Yeah still under warranty.
I talked to them and they said something about putting in something to dampen the vibrations. Sometimes I prefer no shelf if it help!
Will probably go see them in the new year.

J
Old 19th December 2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker3001 View Post
Yeah still under warranty.
I talked to them and they said something about putting in something to dampen the vibrations. Sometimes I prefer no shelf if it help!
Will probably go see them in the new year.

J
Cheers for that. I will do the same.
Old 1st July 2014, 09:32 PM

Hi chaps old thread but I have noticed the same on mine, Bose system vibration on the rear shelf didn't have this in the d3 you could wind that up full and nothing rattled!

I sat in the back today and placed my hand on the shelf when it occurs and it stopped so I guess it's the shelf not the speakers. Certain frequencies seem to set it off on certain tunes. Did anyone get this fixed before I tackle the local Audi boys? I looked underneath but it's all covered so needs striping to get assess.
Also noticed there's a movement in the drivers seat ....like the seat is slightly loose on its fixings. I have read on another form this is a fairly simple if involving a fibre washer .... Again anyone noticed this ?
Other than that the car is faultless and a really nice bit of kit, mpg is astonishing for such a large motor and so quiet and comfortable. I have had to to set the speed alert
Cheers Glyn
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012
Old 15th July 2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glync View Post
Hi chaps old thread but I have noticed the same on mine, Bose system vibration on the rear shelf didn't have this in the d3 you could wind that up full and nothing rattled!

I sat in the back today and placed my hand on the shelf when it occurs and it stopped so I guess it's the shelf not the speakers. Certain frequencies seem to set it off on certain tunes. Did anyone get this fixed before I tackle the local Audi boys? I looked underneath but it's all covered so needs striping to get assess.
Also noticed there's a movement in the drivers seat ....like the seat is slightly loose on its fixings. I have read on another form this is a fairly simple if involving a fibre washer .... Again anyone noticed this ?
Other than that the car is faultless and a really nice bit of kit, mpg is astonishing for such a large motor and so quiet and comfortable. I have had to to set the speed alert
Cheers Glyn
Too lazy to take it in for the speaker shelf. Seems to have stopped vibrating.

Not had the driver's seat issue, but I'm on 35K now, so maybe something for later.
Old 10th August 2014, 12:12 PM

Try this Audio CD rip..
http://tpbproxy.cremoznik.si/torrent..._(Bass_Mekanik)
GET THIS TORRENT
and see what frequency it does it at on the bass sweeps, then you can put on track repeat and try prodding and poking until it stops.
You need to download an app called UTorrent before you click the links above.

Last edited by snapdragon; 10th August 2014 at 12:14 PM.